Specialty restaurant reservations

kim ogrady

I am sailing with a group of 8 and only my husband and I have booked a suite.  Since we are in a suite reservations open up for us 30 days earlier than the rest of the group and we get 2 reservations per restaurant.  Does anyone know if i can make reservations for all eight of us during the earlier time frame?

I’ve sailed Oceania several time but never with a group so I have no idea how difficult it is to get the reservations and how early we should get them. 
Thanks so much. 

1 hour ago, kim ogrady said:

I am sailing with a group of 8 and only my husband and I have booked a suite.  Since we are in a suite reservations open up for us 30 days earlier than the rest of the group and we get 2 reservations per restaurant.  Does anyone know if i can make reservations for all eight of us during the earlier time frame?

I’ve sailed Oceania several time but never with a group so I have no idea how difficult it is to get the reservations and how early we should get them. 
Thanks so much. 

I believe you won’t be able to add more than one additional reservation number when booking your specialty restaurants online. You would need to call Oceania to find out if you can do it over the phone when reservations for your suite category is open.

Edited by osandomir

I was able to add our friends with a call to my travel agent, but it was only an additional couple. We were also entitled to 2 reservations per restaurant. The other couple were only entitled to 1 in each restaurant. 

Once onboard your butler may be able to facilitate another reservation. 

3 hours ago, GrammieK said:

I was able to add our friends with a call to my travel agent, but it was only an additional couple. We were also entitled to 2 reservations per restaurant. The other couple were only entitled to 1 in each restaurant. 

I assume you know that adding them to your reservation uses their reservation.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrammieK said:

Trying to get one’s butler to get an extra reservation for 8 in a Specialty, with six of those not being in suites, is a push. Maybe at 9:00 pm!

Of course, details from the OP, are slim. Probabilities of such on a 15+ day cruise is significantly higher than on a 7-14 day cruise.