What drinks/food can I bring on board?

hersheysmom78

I am sailing to Alaska on 6/23 with two small children and a dad that loves diet soda. 
1. Other than the 2 bottles of wine (1 per person) what drinks can we bring on board? I’ve read you can bring unlimited water and soft drinks? Is that accurate? Juice boxes for kids? 

2. Is milk readily available? My kids drink milk a few times a day, first thing in the morning, in between meals and at bedtime. 
2. Can I bring food and snacks for my toddlers? Like applesauce packets, crackers, cookies etc?

thanks! 

10 minutes ago, hersheysmom78 said:

I am sailing to Alaska on 6/23 with two small children and a dad that loves diet soda. 
1. Other than the 2 bottles of wine (1 per person) what drinks can we bring on board? I’ve read you can bring unlimited water and soft drinks? Is that accurate? Juice boxes for kids? 

2. Is milk readily available? My kids drink milk a few times a day, first thing in the morning, in between meals and at bedtime. 
2. Can I bring food and snacks for my toddlers? Like applesauce packets, crackers, cookies etc?

thanks! 

yes to packaged foods,

for beverages check the latest passage contract, I believe they are not allowing bottled soda or water on board & a limited amount of soda in cans,

milk can be gotten in the buffet throughout the day if you ask for it (you might bring a cup or container & take some back to your room & put in the fridge...juice is available at breakfast

cookies & snacks are available throughout the day in the buffet or international cafe

you can buy a case of 12 bottles of water for less than $8 before you sail & it will be delivered to your room (we buy 1/person or more for longer sailings)

hope this helps

Milk should be available, but on our Hawaii cruise 

last month they ran out of milk (among other things) 4 days before the end. They started serving powdered milk, then a concoction of almond, water, etc. I would bring some on in your last port just in case.

1 hour ago, pandydandy said:

Juice and milk is available from the buffet. You can bring snacks. Passengers can bring up to 12 cans/cartons of non-alcoholic beverages. Drinks packaged in bottles aren’t allowed.

Be aware that is 12 cans per person.

• Thanks 1

My wife likes particular brands of snacks, and we bring her favorites on board.  We've never had any issues.

I bring a package of small chocolates in my luggage, because Princess no longer gives out pillow chocolates.  No one has ever said anything about it.

Bottled soda (as opposed to canned soda) is prohibited -- I think the issue is "rum runners", but I am not sure.  We trade most of the contents of our minibar (free for Elites) for canned soda, so we don't have to bring it on board.  I think the limit of canned soda is 12 cans.

29 minutes ago, christraveller said:

Bringing bedtime treat chocolates is a great idea!

Fortunately, I had read on Cruise Critic that Princess had discontinued giving chocolates out before my first no-pillow chocolate cruise, so I was prepared!  Otherwise, my pillow would have had tears instead of chocolate.

• Haha 1