Need help with new cruise plans (March 2023)? Celebrity, RC, MSC, VV?

aimcat

So here is a quick backstory....we just had a cruise for Silhouette that was going to leave today. Had to cancel due to me getting covid and Celebrity was kind enough to refund my money. So now since we have a small window of vacation time for next 2 weeks trying to turn around and plan something else. So here are choices:

Celebrity Summit - doesnt look as nice as Silhouette (cheapest option and only room left is accessible room?)

Royal Caribbean Freedom - just 3 day cruise to perfect day and nassau and costs 400 more than Celebrity

MSC Divinia yacht club only thing available and is 1000 more than above.  

Virgin Voyages - about 900-1000 more than RC or Celebrity

Torn on what to do as I am not familiar with these ships.

I am biased as I love Celebrity and I love the Summit, so I would choose the Summit.  I don't know much about accessible cabins but they may be slightly bigger?  And have a walk-in shower.  Knowledgable people may feel free to correct me on that.

The Summit is smaller than the Silhouette but you will still have the same great Celebrity experience and a lovely crew.  The Summit also has a thelassotherapy (sp?) pool which is very relaxing.  

Aside from that, is there an itinerary that is more appealing to you?  If so, you should go with whichever that one is.

• Like 1

All of the itinerary's are about the same. With exception of Perfect Day which I do like but its only a 3 day cruise for more money. Summit looks like an older ship? Will they let me book the handicap room? 

3 minutes ago, aimcat said:

All of the itinerary's are about the same. With exception of Perfect Day which I do like but its only a 3 day cruise for more money. Summit looks like an older ship? Will they let me book the handicap room? 

If it's the only cabin left then they probably would.  I'm guessing no one else is looking for one this close to sailing.

The Summit is an older ship and it is smaller than the S class ships.  I prefer the M class over the S class though.  I like the smaller ships..  In any event, I would always choose to sail longer for the least amount of money.  🙂    

• Like 1

I'd go for Summit unless I was just curious about MSC or Virgin.

Summit is a fantastic ship. It was redone recently and is in great shape, and all reports are that service is excellent. I've sailed on Summit twice, and I would again in heartbeat if I were in your place. 

I enjoy Freedom class ships and have sailed on them a handful of times, but there's no way in the world I would pay more for that cruise over anything Celebrity.

I can't speak to MSC or Virgin.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aimcat said:

If the accessible room is all thats left is there any issue to book it? 

Twice (if my memory is correct) we booked guarantee Suites.  Although we don't need accessible staterooms both times we to those who don't require one.  

Unless there are significant itinerary considerations I also would book the Summit.