No more credit given to PVPs for “on hold” cruises

audcc77

On 2/25/2023 at 12:27 PM, GingerMT/TX said:

A good PVP is worth a lot!  I’ve had the same one for 20 years since I started cruising and the same PVP as my BF.  Today I noticed a new offer, and price checked one of my booked cruises (14-day Alaska next April) -it looked like a savings so I called her. She called me back within the hour and changed the booking on that cruise AND said she thought it would lower my balance on the 12-day Pride cruise in August-total savings just under $1000!  In order for her to do changes like this without fees etc., she has to do the original booking.

Is it the 12 day Pride cruise out of London on August 20th? I’m on that one too. Thanks for the heads up I’m going to check and see if I have a price drop with any of my offers. 

• 2 months later...

What if you miss the 48-hour hold? Say it expired… is it then considered a new booking all over again? Honestly, I did more research and am not interested in a cove balcony any longer so I want to change cabins. Can I use my PVP for that after it expires and she gets the credit?

Edited by itswendyh
Added to..

11 minutes ago, itswendyh said:

What if you miss the 48-hour hold? Say it expired… is it then considered a new booking all over again? Honestly, I did more research and am not interested in a cove balcony any longer so I want to change cabins. Can I use my PVP for that?

If you don't have a hold anymore then what are you asking? There is no hold so why couldn't you use a PVP?

I did know of this policy change and wanted to book a cruise last Friday, so I placed the cruise on hold until late Sunday since my PVP was on vacation.  Today, my PVP called me and left a VM for me and placed that same cruise/stateroom on hold.  When I returned his call, he did not inform me of the policy change, but completed my booking.  I assume (hope) he is getting credit for the sale.  

11 minutes ago, mz-s said:

If you don't have a hold anymore then what are you asking? There is no hold so why couldn't you use a PVP?

It is still on hold. I’m waiting for it to expire so I can book a higher deck. Sorry I wasn’t clear. But once it expires, if I’m looking at the same itinerary with my PVP, they will get credit? 

1 minute ago, itswendyh said:

It is still on hold. I’m waiting for it to expire so I can book a higher deck. Sorry I wasn’t clear. But once it expires, if I’m looking at the same itinerary with my PVP, they will get credit? 

You can call your PVP now and tell them to book it for you. They can cancel out the hold and book the deck you want.

• Like 2