MDR MTD Question for a Newbie on RC

This will be my first cruise on Royal Caribbean (I have done Carnival and Princess before), so I am trying to understand how the Main Dining Room operates. My family and I will be on Harmony of the Seas in April and we chose My Time Dining because 5pm for early seating is way too early and 8pm for late seating is way too late for us. Below are the listed times for dinner in the RC app:

MDR Deck 3
Dinner 6:30pm-9pm

MDR Deck 4
Early 5pm-5:15pm
Late 7:45pm-8pm 

MDR Deck 5
Dinner 8:30pm-9pm

When I try and make reservations for MTD, the earliest time available is 7:15pm everyday on MDR Deck 3. I ended up booking it everyday, as I did not want to not book it and end up with only later times as I wait to see if anything else pops up. However, is there a way to check if earlier times becomes available without cancelling your current reservation? I don't want to lose my current reservation if nothing earlier is available. In addition, is the MDR Deck 5 really only available from 8:30pm-9pm? Is that utilized for MTD also? It is spring break, so I am confused why all the dining rooms are not being utilized for the full dinner hours, or is it?  Lastly, if no earlier reservations pop-up, should I just go and wait at 6:15pm and hope to get seated at MDR Deck 3 when it opens up if I want an earlier time to eat? Not sure what is the best solution for my family when we tend to eat between 6pm/6:30pm.

AFAIK, MTD is only deck 3 and begins as early traditional dining starts to clear out.  If your chosen time is too late, you can go to the MDR upon boarding & see if you can get an earlier time or just show up & be seated as tables open up.

11 minutes ago, poocher said:

AFAIK, MTD is only deck 3 and begins as early traditional dining starts to clear out.  If your chosen time is too late, you can go to the MDR upon boarding & see if you can get an earlier time or just show up & be seated as tables open up.

Thank you, that was what I figured. Hopefully the wait isn't too long each night.

5 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Thank you, that was what I figured. Hopefully the wait isn't too long each night.

You time is about the earliest MTD reservation. Show up when you're ready and they will seat you as tables open up. There will be two lines, those with reservations and those who are walk-ins. 

They will be fully utilizing the dining rooms.  On the app some details (such as dining times) for your cruise are not necessarily accurate until closer to your sailing date.  You use the app to see the current sailing of Harmony by using the “browse our ships” function; that will show you current, accurate dining room hours.

From my observation, many people with MTD will line up before MTD opening and wait for a table….I have seen very long lines then.