How is the new process of only once a day cabin cleaning going?

AK Dreaming

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Great for you but...and I know I will get blasted for this, I will NOT leave an extra tip on the first day when gratuities were raised and service was cut. Especially after reading how many are not even getting their cabins cleaned at all on some days.  

You definitely shouldn't be blasted for how you want to conduct yourself on your vacation. Especially when you're following the rules.

With that being said, I always tip my cabin steward on the first day and have been doing it for many years.

We sailed Joy in July, after service was reduced to once per day, and I tipped our steward within 10 minutes of entering our cabin and I provided him with a short list of items that we'd like to have done. We had one of our best cabin experiences on this sailing and our steward was phenomenal!

I don't know for sure that our extra tip led to our exceptional service, but I did speak with many other cruisers on our sailing and nobody said that there cabins weren't cleaned at all on some days.

• Like 2

It's just the two of us, so we are OK with the once a day service.  I was wondering what is done for those with children, who need to have the bunk beds serviced.  Are they left in the down position 24--7?

I agree that towel carts should be available, but the corridors are so narrow, that folks in scooters would have a hard time getting by.  We should be able to ask for extra towels to be delivered in the morning.  4 instead of just 2.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barb Nahoumi said:

It's just the two of us, so we are OK with the once a day service.  I was wondering what is done for those with children, who need to have the bunk beds serviced.  Are they left in the down position 24--7?

I agree that towel carts should be available, but the corridors are so narrow, that folks in scooters would have a hard time getting by.  We should be able to ask for extra towels to be delivered in the morning.  4 instead of just 2.

Double towels is one of our standing orders as we used to drop the odd service.

We reuse, but like dry  spares to hand.

Less likely to drop a service now if we get an unresponsive steward.

Once a day is fine as long as it happens.

Last 2 cruises cabins needed rectification as the turnover was incomplete.

This can be a problem if the cabin ready call is late as the team knock off early.

Both cruises the service was fine but some days service was late afternoon inconvenient if you are a nap person.

Edited by insidecabin
  • Like 1