Dutch Cafe on Nieuw Statendam?

Catlover54

My understanding is that the 3 Pinnacle class ships, including Nieuw Statendam, have the Dutch Cafe.

However, I looked up a few future cruises for Nieuw Statendam in the fall, and when I review the dining options, everything except for Dutch Cafe is listed as a dining choice.

Are there some cruises on which the Dutch Cafe is inoperative on this ship (or the other 2 Pinnacle class ships)?  Or is it just a website/software error, i.e., Dutch Cafe is present and operative (absent unusual circumstances) on all N. Stat sailings?

Thanks in advance (I am relatively new to HAL, but recently did a Rotterdam cruise and loved it -- including the Dutch Cafe -- so much that my future cruise searches are focussed on ships that have it).

I am going on the Nieuw Statendam in a couple of weeks.  In Navigator, the Grand Dutch Cafe is under Coffee & Treats (where the Exploration Cafe and Gelato is located).  I have tried some in the Koningsdam last year and the food was great.  Hopefully this helps you.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

My understanding is that the 3 Pinnacle class ships, including Nieuw Statendam, have the Dutch Cafe.

However, I looked up a few future cruises for Nieuw Statendam in the fall, and when I review the dining options, everything except for Dutch Cafe is listed as a dining choice.

Are there some cruises on which the Dutch Cafe is inoperative on this ship (or the other 2 Pinnacle class ships)?  Or is it just a website/software error, i.e., Dutch Cafe is present and operative (absent unusual circumstances) on all N. Stat sailings?

Thanks in advance (I am relatively new to HAL, but recently did a Rotterdam cruise and loved it -- including the Dutch Cafe -- so much that my future cruise searches are focussed on ships that have it).

I just got off the NS 10 days ago. The Dutch Cafe is there and open.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

The Dutch Cafe is not what I would consider a "dining" venue.  It has limited hours and a limited menu.  From the HAL website https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/dining/grand-dutch-cafe.html

Looking for a refreshing pick-me-up on an adventure-filled day? The Grand Dutch Cafe is for you. Located just off the atrium area, it’s the perfect spot to connect with friends over a cold beer, coffee or other Dutch specialty beverages, such as Genever and Advoccaat, and a snack. Choose from among 16 Belgian and Dutch beers (four on tap) and a variety of spirits or enjoy your favorite coffee beverage with complimentary Dutch snacks. For heartier appetites, there are made-to-order Dutch specialties from open-faced herring sandwiches to apple and bacon pancakes. Just place your order at the counter; anything we prepare will be brought to your table.

Make sure to try the pea soup....  it's wonderful!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Choose from among 16 Belgian and Dutch beers (four on tap) and a variety of spirits or enjoy your favorite coffee beverage with complimentary Dutch snacks.

Be sure to visit early in your cruise for the best variety.  During our mid Dec 2022 cruise, the NS's Dutch Cafe began running out of some food items and most of their Dutch beers.

I second the pea soup...very good if you are a pea soup lover.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1