Bidding Change - different screen?

ColoradoMom!!

As we all know, the bidding procedure changed.  I believe the date was Feb 24th.  From what I understand, bids placed after this date are automatically charged to you card, and cabin is changed if your bid is accepted. This is different than what it has been up to this point - now you don't have time to decide anymore. Can anyone who placed a bid after that date, and had it accepted confirm how that went?

Another interesting tid bit is this screen that appeared when I went to bid today. Is this new?

I am currently in a GTY BF balcony.  When I received e-mails about bidding, and followed the steps for a mock bid - the minimum bid for a Deluxe Balcony was $30.  I understand that minimum may change, but on my roll call FB group, many who recently bid the minimum were accepted.  The cruise showed sold out about 2 weeks ago?? and departs in two weeks.

My point is that the little color graph showing you if your bid is weak (ha ha) really does a good job of making you bid more!  I put it at $70 on the picture here - barely a " good", many got accepted at minimum which would have been $30 in the last week.

Just putting our interesting info- YMMV - I know so many factors go into it - what your original cabin was- how full the cruise, etc.

Screenshot2023-03-02at2_49_08PM.thumb.png.2dab70b446c33b3f92d60549804e7acd.png

For the same thing on the Facebook group, about how bids were automatically charged without them even realizing it.

The upgrade bit system is officially a true gamble because there's no turning back once you hit submit. 

If you're okay with Your cabin being located anywhere on the ship for a certain type of cabin, I say go for it! I'm personally too picky on my location of desire to take the risk for my personal self.

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

So are you saying when you place your bid they charge your card immediately? Or do they wait and charge it once you are confirmed that you’ve gotten an upgrade. 

Oh good point!  Your card isn't charged until your bid is accepted.  The change is that when the bid is accepted, the card is charged immediately - you don't have time or the choice to reject it is my understanding of the change.

• Thanks 1