Rome departure flights

MikeNKim

I have booked a Europe cruise for 2024 and unfortunately Carnival isn’t showing excursions yet.

just curious what is the earliest flight times out of Rome?     My ship will arrive back at 6am and will probably take carnival shuttle but curious about what is the earliest I could possibly fly home.

thank yiu

kim

If you look around the board you will find MANY discussions about flights out of Rome. The airlines from North America tend to arrive into Rome between 7 and 8 am, and they turn their planes around in 2-3 hours. So, most of the non-stop flights back to North America tend to leave between 10 and 11am.

The cruise lines have built their schedules with this in mind, most frequently docking before 6am, and starting disembarkation between 6am and 7am. So, generally, you can make the flights departing between 10-11. Allow an hour to drive from port to airport.

The caveats...nobody knows what is happening in 2024 yet, particularly flight wise. Things can change. Also, most importantly and mentioned here very often, FCO (the Rome airport) is very poorly organized. It can definitely take the full 2 hours to wind your way through the process of check in, security and getting to your gate. Don't under estimate this.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the quick response.  

Flights aren’t even out yet but I was just curious that based on this years flight schedule if I would be looking at another day in Rome or if I could fly home on embarkson day.    

again thank you for thr quick response.

kim

12 minutes ago, MikeNKim said:

Thank you so much for the quick response.  

Flights aren’t even out yet but I was just curious that based on this years flight schedule if I would be looking at another day in Rome or if I could fly home on embarkson day.    

again thank you for thr quick response.

kim

Most cruise lines suggest not scheduling flights before 11am (a few suggest noon), although we have made 10am flights by using private transfers.  It should be possible to fly home on debarkation day.

Hank

We are cruising out of Rome in November. We are also flying back to the states same day as debarkation. Our flight is at 12:40pm. We are doing a private transfer and will probably ask for an 8am pickup. This way we will get to the airport with still a lot of time (in case things are crazy) for check in, security and all the other fun stuff.

You didn’t ask about it, and you might already know, but you may want to start looking at flights as soon as they open the bookings.  We booked ours at end of June for following May thinking possibly prices would drop at some point and we could re-book and get a savings.  Boy were we wrong!  They’ve more than doubled.