using free at see with latitudes rewards dining

jamminlion

Ok all knowing gurus - our upcoming sailing, we have 2 cabins reserved. "My" cabin comes with 2 FAS meals, while "their" cabin comes with 1 FAS meal. 

"My" cabin also has 2 latitudes rewards coupons. Can we use a FAS from "my" cabin and one of the latitudes coupons to cover "their" cabin?

Or is it that the latitudes rewards coupons are attached to "my" cabin/key card?

I'm sure this has been tried - looking for your experience and success rate.

Worst case, the teenagers end up in the buffet while the parents end up enjoying 2 specialty meals without them.

1 minute ago, jamminlion said:

Ok all knowing gurus - our upcoming sailing, we have 2 cabins reserved. "My" cabin comes with 2 FAS meals, while "their" cabin comes with 1 FAS meal. "My" cabin also has 2 latitudes rewards coupons. Can we use a FAS from "my" cabin and one of the latitudes coupons to cover "their" cabin?

Or is it that the latitudes rewards coupons are attached to "my" cabin/key card?

The FAS dinners are tied to each person in the cabin. The platinum diners are tied to the cabin. 

People: My1, My2, Them1, Them2

Dinner 1

My1 and Them1: Platinum voucher with wine

My2 and Them2: FAS dinner credit

Dinner 2

My2 and Them2: Platinum voucher without wine

My1 and Them1: FAS dinner credit 

Dinner 3

My1 and My2: Go on a romantic dinner for 2 using the remaining FAS credits on their account. Them1 and Them2 go to the MDR or buffet. 

12 minutes ago, jamminlion said:

Ok all knowing gurus - our upcoming sailing, we have 2 cabins reserved. "My" cabin comes with 2 FAS meals, while "their" cabin comes with 1 FAS meal. 

"My" cabin also has 2 latitudes rewards coupons.

How many people are in each cabin?

15 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The FAS dinners are tied to each person in the cabin. The platinum diners are tied to the cabin. 

People: My1, My2, Them1, Them2

Dinner 1

My1 and Them1: Platinum voucher with wine

My2 and Them2: FAS dinner credit

Dinner 2

My2 and Them2: Platinum voucher without wine

My1 and Them1: FAS dinner credit 

Dinner 3

My1 and My2: Go on a romantic dinner for 2 using the remaining FAS credits on their account. Them1 and Them2 go to the MDR or buffet. 

Thank you! Yes, this is what I am wanting to do. 

12 minutes ago, jamminlion said:

But for reservation purposes, we have to have one adult in each cabin.

Are both adults not Platinum?  If so - wouldn't both cabins get the Platinum vouchers?

I'm just assuming the adults got their status as a couple, forgive me if I assumed incorrectly...

1 minute ago, hallux said:

Are both adults not Platinum?  If so - wouldn't both cabins get the Platinum vouchers?

I'm just assuming the adults got their status as a couple, forgive me if I assumed incorrectly...

Both adults are not platinum. Second adult is only gold.

• Like 1

Have they changed the terms on the platinum dinner vouchers? I had a solo with a platinum voucher invite me to dinner for their second guest. 
I thought the platinum vouchers were dinner for 2 with one of the 2 people being the person who earned the voucher and no restriction on who the second person would be. 

@eileeshb the way @BirdTravels explained how to use them it seems that's still possible.  I have also been a grateful recipient of a Platinum voucher guest dinner from a fellow solo traveler and if I make Platinum at some point (another cruise with triple points as I'm getting in 2 weeks and I think I'm there!) I plan to "pay it forward"...

1 hour ago, jamminlion said:

Thank you! Yes, this is what I am wanting to do. 

You won't be able to do the romantic dinner for two with the last two days dinners since you're splitting up the adults on the reservation.  Those credits will be in the name of the two assigned to the balcony room.  You could upgrade the FAS dining for the inside cabin so they would have 3 credits total.  Use the two FAS credits in the balcony plus one plus one platinum dinner and everyone can have 3 meals together.  That leaves one platinum dinner for the grownups to use