Mardi Gras THEN (2021) and NOW (2023)

Tom-n-Cheryl

On 3/4/2023 at 11:01 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Does anyone know when they stopped offering breakfast (w/table service) at Cucina del Capitano? We enjoyed it 3-4 times in 2021 (dining outside was very pleasant), but I didn't see it on the app last week. It was such a nice break from the madhouse which is the MDR for breakfast!

Either it's been dropped, or I dropped the ball and missed it (I checked at least 3-4 mornings)...

Tom

We cruised on the Mardi Gras in early December 2021.  We were really looking forward to breakfast in Cucina, but ours was the first cruise where it was no longer offered.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 11:01 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Does anyone know when they stopped offering breakfast (w/table service) at Cucina del Capitano? We enjoyed it 3-4 times in 2021 (dining outside was very pleasant), but I didn't see it on the app last week. It was such a nice break from the madhouse which is the MDR for breakfast!

Either it's been dropped, or I dropped the ball and missed it (I checked at least 3-4 mornings)...

Tom

We cruised on the Mardi Gras in early December 2021.  We were really looking forward to breakfast in Cucina, but ours was the first cruise where it was no longer offered.

7 hours ago, disneygal94 said:

Darn - then our Thanksgiving '21 sailing must have been one of the last. 

Tom

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Darn - then our Thanksgiving '21 sailing must have been one of the last. 

Tom

I'm almost positive we had breakfast in Cucina one day during our B2B on the Mardi Gras last April. Going to look through our review to make sure. 😎

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I'm almost positive we had breakfast in Cucina one day during our B2B on the Mardi Gras last April. Going to look through our review to make sure. 😎

Sitting outside there, with table service for breakfast, had to be our best breakfast experience with Carnival - on any ship.

I'd be willing to pay extra to have that as an option!

Tom

On 3/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

At Rudi's -- the CRAB STUFFED LOBSTER TAIL IMPERIAL is no longer very "imperial". I'm not a lobster aficionado, but this also might be moving from a Maine lobster to a warm water lobster:

2021:

PXL_20210808_225048113%20(1)-M.jpg

2023:

PXL_20230301_230756582-M.jpg

Indeed, that second lobster looks like a Spiny Lobster, i.e. the Florida / Caribbean version, not the nice Maine cold-water lobster of the first photo.

That's too bad.

• Like 2