Bordeaux question?

Second seating

I've twice got a taxi from the rank at Bordeaux airport. I was staying at a hotel by the river bank. The aitport is on the edge of the city and the journeys were swift and not expensive.

I'd suggest getting a taxi whan you arrive as it's one less thing to arrange or worry about and it doesn't matter if your flight lands early or late.

Leaving arrrivals hall note that you walk through a vineyard on the way out to the taxi rank.

Edited by pontac
  • Like 1

We went to the sign that said "TAXI" outside arrivals and took the first one in line.  Our hotel was in a pedestrian zone and he stopped outside it and carried our luggage to the hotel entrance.  The hotel said that he was not an official taxi or he would have had the code to drive onto the pedestrian zone (they lower the barricades).  It was fine but I don't know how we were to know the difference?  Reasonably priced with a meter running.  No English and we have no French but I had written out the hotel name and address and gave it to him.  We had the hotel call a taxi to take us to the pier and he drove up to the hotel entrance and carried our luggage down the steps at the pier.