Timeshifter app has anybody used it?

NMTraveller

On 3/7/2023 at 7:36 PM, love to cruz said:

What are your techniques?

I'll share mine and it works very well for me...but it may not for others. Everyone seems to be a bit different. I don't have the luxury of adjusting my schedule by an hour each day because (a) I just have too much to do in my daily life, and (b) I pop longhaul flights like other people pop candy so I would ALWAYS be changing my time, but here's what I do:

Day of departure - wake up at normal time, get as much exercise/activity and daylight as possible, drink plenty of water, and take the latest possible flight. 

On the flight - If it's an overnight flight or a 12+ hour flight, try to sleep as much as possible. A lot of people say not to drink alcohol because of dehydration, which is valid, but I enjoy watching movies and having some drinks on the flight so I just drink more water in exchange. I do avoid caffeine (even tea). 

Upon arrival - just.keep.going. Get exercise, get activity, keep busy, get sunlight. Try to adjust your  meal times immediately as this really helps your brain adjust to what is "right". I also try to stay up until at least 9pm or so, or whatever is "normal" to you. I also have a few drinks during/after dinner to start getting me relaxed. Get as much sleep as you can, and try to sleep in if possible, even if just a little. And again, keep your meals at "normal" times. 

This allows me to adjust almost immediately to any time zone. Like I said, it works for me, but may not work for others. It often takes several trips to find out what works best for you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1