Segments of World Cruises and how do I change an existing booking?

GOQ

A visit/cruise from/to Australia/Asia is on my bucket list.

At the moment the maximum length of a cruise I can take is between 14 and an absolute maximum of 19 days. So I have had the idea of taking a segment of one of Arcadia's world cruises, possibly something like Brisbane to Hong Kong March 11 2024, Arcadia 15 nights cruise JQR.

The problem is it’s too late for this year and next year I already have a cruise booked with P&O for March 2024.

Now I notice that P&O seem to have taken out these shorter segments from the Arcadia 2025 world cruise, the segments are around 41 to 51 nights are too long for me, so it seems the 2024 Arcadia world cruise will be the last opportunity I have do take a short segment of a world cruise with P&O.

Sorry I have not done this before so please bare with me, the cruise I have already booked for March 2024, A411, is a Select fare which I believe allows me the flexibility to change my booking. Is it easy to change this cruise A411 to JQR and and how would I best do this.

I booked directly with P&O online. 

1. If I log into "mycruise" and I get all the details of my booked cruise, how do I actually go about altering this booking to a totally different cruise. Or do I have to join the queue and have a discussion over the phone with a P&O adviser?

I have never cancelled/altered a P&O cruise before so am clueless.

2. If I have booked the original cruise A411 as Select, can I rebook the replacement cruise as an Early Saver ?

3. Can I transfer the original cruise to a TA and get them to sort it out?

26 minutes ago, GOQ said:

do I have to join the queue and have a discussion over the phone with a P&O adviser?

Unfortunately - yes.

26 minutes ago, GOQ said:

can I rebook the replacement cruise as an Early Saver

Ask when you speak to them.

27 minutes ago, GOQ said:

Can I transfer the original cruise to a TA and get them to sort it out?

I don't believe that you can

Thank you david63

I will have to do some thinking.

I suppose my other options might be:

1. Cancel A411 and start again.

2. Transfer A411 to another cruise I might intend to book.

7 hours ago, GOQ said:

A visit/cruise from/to Australia/Asia is on my bucket list.

At the moment the maximum length of a cruise I can take is between 14 and an absolute maximum of 19 days. So I have had the idea of taking a segment of one of Arcadia's world cruises, possibly something like Brisbane to Hong Kong March 11 2024, Arcadia 15 nights cruise JQR.

The problem is it’s too late for this year and next year I already have a cruise booked with P&O for March 2024.

Now I notice that P&O seem to have taken out these shorter segments from the Arcadia 2025 world cruise, the segments are around 41 to 51 nights are too long for me, so it seems the 2024 Arcadia world cruise will be the last opportunity I have do take a short segment of a world cruise with P&O.

Sorry I have not done this before so please bare with me, the cruise I have already booked for March 2024, A411, is a Select fare which I believe allows me the flexibility to change my booking. Is it easy to change this cruise A411 to JQR and and how would I best do this.

One thought. It may be that the short segments only go on sale later, if P&O have found that they cannot fill the ship with people taking either the whole cruise or the longer segments. Just a guess, so it might be wide of the mark.

Edited by jh1809

1 hour ago, jh1809 said:

One thought. It may be that the short segments only go on sale later, if P&O have found that they cannot fill the ship with people taking either the whole cruise or the longer segments. Just a guess, so it might be wide of the mark.

Yes in the past P&O have only advertised the longer segments. Onboard probably in 2015 we enquired about segments for 2017 as we were keen to visit both NZ island initially embarking in Sydney, they gave quote base on about four embarkation ports. But as you say as time goes on shorter segments are often advertised, presumably P&O  don't want cabins booked out so that long segments are blocked, but in the end two and three day cruises were sold to Australians presumably without air travel.

Thanks for your comments jh1809 and Bill Y, what you say really does make sense.

I think I might hang on for a few months and see if any "short segments" turn up. 

If short segments of world cruises are finished I am sure the likes of Princess, Celebrity and RC do Australia/NZ cruises.