Immigration process on an Azamara b2b in Bordeaux

kansas2018

We are on a b2b with Azamara and want to book an independent tour on turn around day (embark and debark day)

We need to be off the ship by 8 am on turn around day to meet our independent tour downtown so looking for this info to determine

if we can do a whole day tour.

Our cruise arrives the night before at 8:30 pm...the next day is embark and debark day.

some questions we have:

Any possibility of going through immigration the night before

Does anyone have experience with a b2b in Bordeaux for

process involved to getting a new key card?

did you have to get off the ship and back on in order for Azamara to process you again for the next sailing?

How long did it take?

did anyone get off with old card from 1st cruise and then get processed when you returned late in the day from a tour?

Thanks

You will be fine. On disembarkation day b2b have separate systems- just let guest relations know a few days before but if you’ve come from the Schengen area in your previous port eg Spain, Portugal, another port in France there will be no border procedures at disembarkation/change over 

Your new key card is delivered to your room the night before or handed out at the back to back meeting if they are ready then together with a transit card for re boarding 

Edited by uktog

• 1 month later...

We are boarding the Journey in Bordeaux on June 17th and I noticed that they will be docked the night before (June 16th).  We are booked in a hotel in Bordeaux the night of June 16th and I wonder if it's possible instead to get on the ship on the evening of June 16th instead of June 17th?

16 minutes ago, mexico8 said:

We are boarding the Journey in Bordeaux on June 17th and I noticed that they will be docked the night before (June 16th).  We are booked in a hotel in Bordeaux the night of June 16th and I wonder if it's possible instead to get on the ship on the evening of June 16th instead of June 17th?

You can’t do that as the people on the cruise before yours will still be onboard. They will disembark on the morning of June 17, before you embark in the afternoon.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You can’t do that as the people on the cruise before yours will still be onboard. They will disembark on the morning of June 17, before you embark in the afternoon.

I wondered if the ship was not at capacity and my cabin was not occupied if Azamara would allow us to board on the evening of June 16th?  I may ask our TA to find out for us if it's possible.  

My husband wants to go out of town and it would help if we are already on the ship the evening before then he could go off early on the 17th to do the tour he wants to take for the day.  The next day could be problematic time wise  for the whole day tour so going  on the 17th would be better for him.