Need help selected 5 person cabin - Liberty of the seas

I am traveling with my wife and 3 kids (1,4 & 6).  Finding it very difficult and expensive for a 5 person cabin.  We are a large group of 8+ rooms and am weighing the options of the front of ship rooms 9500 and 9300 to fit 5 people.  The other option is getting a 4 person room and moving my son into a room with his grandparents.

How choppy are the seas in July from NYC to Bermuda?  That is my main concern of the 5+ person room.

The seas could be perfectly calm or hurricane strength. It's generally not a bad crossing, so the front of the ship should be fine. If you are directly up front your shades need to be drawn after dark because any ambient light interferes with navigation. Also, in the rare occurrence that there is fog, you are near the fog horn. We happen to like that location and have never felt much movement. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, dacunhja213 said:

The other option is getting a 4 person room and moving my son into a room with his grandparents.

Also look at other cabin options, including two cabins for your family - going with a cabin which holds five really limits your options.

• Like 1

@dacunhja213 

If you stay with one room, try to get 8500 or 8200 on Liberty.  Much bigger layout than 9500/9200.   Gives your family more room and more separate spaces to spread out, which will be appreciated with the baby’s nap times. 

Both have separate room area for master: 8500 has an actual door to the room.  8200 has a room off living area, separated by curtains. 

My daughter’s family had 8500 and loved it, even with one bathroom. There are 4 windows - even one in the kids bunk room space, 2 in huge Living room space, and one in Master. 

with either of these cabins, you will have plenty of room for a pack-n-play.

see Liberty 8500 video on YouTube or Cruisedeckplans.com

Edited by ocean sounds
Added

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 8:05 AM, ocean sounds said:

@dacunhja213 

If you stay with one room, try to get 8500 or 8200 on Liberty.  Much bigger layout than 9500/9200.   Gives your family more room and more separate spaces to spread out, which will be appreciated with the baby’s nap times. 

Both have separate room area for master: 8500 has an actual door to the room.  8200 has a room off living area, separated by curtains. 

My daughter’s family had 8500 and loved it, even with one bathroom. There are 4 windows - even one in the kids bunk room space, 2 in huge Living room space, and one in Master. 

with either of these cabins, you will have plenty of room for a pack-n-play.

see Liberty 8500 video on YouTube or Cruisedeckplans.com

We are doing our first Royal Caribbean cruise later this year on Liberty and I was looking at those 8200/8500 cabins and they look pretty sweet for a family. Only 8200 was available for our cruise and the lack of door on the master was a bit of an issue but with an 11 and 13 year old the single bathroom would have been a much bigger issue. We decided to stick with two cabins instead although I went back and forth between the single large cabin and two cabins.

• Like 1

You didn't say what time of the year you are sailing, but I have sailed from Baltimore and Cape Liberty several times, and found the seas coming up the East Coast to be rocky. 

Take some meclizine chewables with you (it motion sickness generic medication), and have everyone take 1/2 dose when you go to bed the night before the cruise, and 1/2 dose when you go to sleep the first night.  Getting it into your system ahead of time makes you not react as much as taking it when the motion upsets your stomach.  Then, as the cruise goes on, take more if you start to feel the motion too much.

I tell my friends and family if you "suddenly" become "aware" of your stomach, then take the medication.

They make a non-drowsy formula, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1