San Francisco Cruise Port

Morebeer

Hello All. Sailing on the Royal Princess on a 15 day itinerary departing San Fran 3/27/23. Apologize if this has been asked before I found nothing recent. Is there any grocery or liquor store convenient to Pier 27 to pick up wine or soda the morning of departure? Will be coming to port area via Uber. Thank You

10 hours ago, Morebeer said:

Is there any grocery or liquor store convenient to Pier 27 to pick up wine or soda the morning of departure? Will be coming to port area via Uber. Thank You

Not really very close to Pier 27, but then it depends on how "convenient" you mean. Where are you staying the night before, or are you trying to go straight from the airport, same day?

No not from airport. We'll be staying at a family members house the night before departure but they will be out of town. House is in the Mt Davidson area of San Francisco. Will not have a car the night there.

4 minutes ago, Morebeer said:

No not from airport. We'll be staying at a family members house the night before departure but they will be out of town. House is in the Mt Davidson area of San Francisco. Will not have a car the night there.

If you have amazon prime you could have it groceries to the house maybe?

6 hours ago, Morebeer said:

by convenient meant within walking distance?

There's a couple of Safeway's and other grocery stores in the area; you'll need to enter your address and to a search. In case you didn't know the Mt. Davidson area is hilly.

7 hours ago, Morebeer said:

We'll be staying at a family members house the night before departure but they will be out of town. House is in the Mt Davidson area of San Francisco. Will not have a car the night there.

Depending on which side of Mt Davidson they are on, there a couple of Safeway stores in the area. I'd go there the night before.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to tag onto this post. We’re docking for an over night in a few weeks and would like suggestions for dinner that evening. How safe is it near the port at night to walk? Are there any restaurants close to the port that anyone would recommend for dinner(casual)?

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, cruisingator2 said:

Going to tag onto this post. We’re docking for an over night in a few weeks and would like suggestions for dinner that evening. How safe is it near the port at night to walk? Are there any restaurants close to the port that anyone would recommend for dinner(casual)?

Thanks. 

There is a ton of places to eat around Pier 39 area, and safe to walk.

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

There aren't great places to eat near the cruise terminal (Pier 27). You could walk down to the Ferry Building (about 1 mile), safe, flat and full of casual eateries.

Or you could Uber/cab to North Beach, the Little Italy of SF and go to Tony's Pizza Napoletana, Il Pollaio, Trattoria Contadina, Firenze by Night, Ristorante Ideale, Sodini's Green Valley, Sotto Mare or Tommaso's Ristorante. Italian food is probably the single best food category in SF.

My favorite restaurants are Tadich Grill and Sam's Grill. Tadich is the oldest restaurant in CA, dating to 1849 and Sam's isn't far behind opening in 1867.

Cabs are cheap in SF and easy to get.

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2023 at 11:50 PM, scottca075 said:

There aren't great places to eat near the cruise terminal (Pier 27). You could walk down to the Ferry Building (about 1 mile), safe, flat and full of casual eateries.

Or you could Uber/cab to North Beach, the Little Italy of SF and go to Tony's Pizza Napoletana, Il Pollaio, Trattoria Contadina, Firenze by Night, Ristorante Ideale, Sodini's Green Valley, Sotto Mare or Tommaso's Ristorante. Italian food is probably the single best food category in SF.

My favorite restaurants are Tadich Grill and Sam's Grill. Tadich is the oldest restaurant in CA, dating to 1849 and Sam's isn't far behind opening in 1867.

Cabs are cheap in SF and easy to get.

Thought I would bring this back up......would you know what hotels might be nearby Tadich Grill?

I am going to be staying one night post cruise.......would like a nice meal and I think I might have eaten here almost 20 years ago but I am not sure anymore LOL....the menu looks fantastic.😀

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Thought I would bring this back up......would you know what hotels might be nearby Tadich Grill? I am going to be staying one night post cruise.......would like a nice meal and I think I might have eaten here almost 20 years ago but I am not sure anymore LOL....the menu looks fantastic.😀

Le Meridien, 1 Hotel San Francisco, Hyatt Regency, Hotel Griffon and Harbor Court Hotel.

55 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Le Meridien, 1 Hotel San Francisco, Hyatt Regency, Hotel Griffon and Harbor Court Hotel.

Thanks so much🙂 I will check them out.