Beverage package on app?

pghalbs

Does anyone know if an included beverage package should be listed anywhere on the Celebrity app or is it only on the Sea Pass card? 

On the app, I can see all of my other included items (ie: internet package, excursions, dining, etc), but the drink package is only listed as a choice to buy. 

Thank you!  

My beverage package only shows in the app when I have done check-in, and then it shows on the Xpress Pass. 
I don’t see my internet on the app.

if you go on-line to your account and select the cruise, in the Cruise Planner there is a circle on the upper right corner with your initials, click on that and select Order History the beverage package should show there.

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

if you go on-line to your account and select the cruise, in the Cruise Planner there is a circle on the upper right corner with your initials, click on that and select Order History the beverage package should show there.

Thank you for the help- i did look here and it shows a pic of what looks like some mojitos & limes - so assuming that is a drink package, but it doesn't list it as classic or premium.  I find it weird that it actually lets you still pick a package - wouldn't it be listed as reserved?  Guess we will find out when we board!   

56 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

I find it weird that it actually lets you still pick a package - wouldn't it be listed as reserved?

I feel the same way but have found Celebrity doesn't make it "simple" for some reason. We have the premium beverage package on our upcoming cruise, for instance, but when logged into the site, I still see upgrade options. 🤔 Maybe it's due to the IT stuff not integrating with the website account, app, etc.?

I can't recall if the Celebrity app shows your beverage package after you fully check in/board/get underway either. But your Sea Pass card will have it printed on it, and the bartenders you encounter will let you know (politely) if a drink requires a little 💲omething extra 😃

That said, we got to know a few servers at spots we frequented on our last cruise and they didn't bother with making sure our drinks were included in our package (classic, that time) after a few days.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

cjr

2 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

I can't recall if the Celebrity app shows your beverage package after you fully check in/board/get underway either. But your Sea Pass card will have it printed on it, and the bartenders you encounter will let you know (politely) if a drink requires a little 💲something extra 😃

That said, we got to know a few servers at spots we frequented on our last cruise and they didn't bother with making sure our drinks were included in our package (classic, that time) after a few days.

thanks for the feedback -  we booked with the classic package included & all I see are drinks listed over the $10 limit.   I don't mind occasionally paying more, but whats the point of even having a cheaper package if nothing is listed under it?? Hoping the bartenders just sub a cheaper vodka,gin for the specialty drinks listed so we aren't always paying more!    

We have the classic package as well. If what we order requires a "little 💲omething extra" is it usually pretty reasonable? Also, can they make non menu items with the classic package - I am a mudslide, toasted almond, BBC kind of drinker, and these don't seem to be on the menus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

thanks for the feedback -  we booked with the classic package included & all I see are drinks listed over the $10 limit.

Have you seen this link to Celebrity's drink-package comparison? It lists booze brands by name between the two packages, and across various categories. At the bottom, it offers the "small print" about the up-charge if you cross into the higher category. Does this help?

cjr

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

I feel the same way but have found Celebrity doesn't make it "simple" for some reason. We have the premium beverage package on our upcoming cruise, for instance, but when logged into the site, I still see upgrade options. 🤔 Maybe it's due to the IT stuff not integrating with the website account, app, etc.?

I can't recall if the Celebrity app shows your beverage package after you fully check in/board/get underway either. But your Sea Pass card will have it printed on it, and the bartenders you encounter will let you know (politely) if a drink requires a little 💲omething extra 😃

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

cjr

When they key in your cabin # it shows you w hat package you have

1 hour ago, pghalbs said:

Thank you for the help- i did look here and it shows a pic of what looks like some mojitos & limes - so assuming that is a drink package, but it doesn't list it as classic or premium.  I find it weird that it actually lets you still pick a package - wouldn't it be listed as reserved?  Guess we will find out when we board!   

Limes are in he Classic package.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

thanks for the feedback -  we booked with the classic package included & all I see are drinks listed over the $10 limit.   I don't mind occasionally paying more, but whats the point of even having a cheaper package if nothing is listed under it?? Hoping the bartenders just sub a cheaper vodka,gin for the specialty drinks listed so we aren't always paying more!    

If the drink can be made with the liquor on the Classic package it is covered.  So margaritas, pina colads, Manhattan,  Bloody Mary, gin & Tonic endless possibilities.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisy said:

We have the classic package as well. If what we order requires a "little 💲omething extra" is it usually pretty reasonable? Also, can they make non menu items with the classic package - I am a mudslide, toasted almond, BBC kind of drinker, and these don't seem to be on the menus.

Until I just posted my previous response, I would have said yes. Neither my wife nor I are brand-driven so when we (actually she!) strayed into something in the premium category, the drink cost anywhere from $1-$3 on our last cruise.

But based on the link in my prior post, it looks like Celebrity now charges $7 per drink for something in the premium category.

As I noted earlier, though, on our cruise last autumn, we got know a few bartenders around the ship (Silhouette) after a few days, and at that point, we weren't charged anything extra. We also tipped (extra; we had the gratuities-included option) those who truly gave us exemplary service, so perhaps that helped.

cjr

25 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

But your Sea Pass card will have it printed on it...

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

When they key in your cabin # it shows you w hat package you have

Gee, wish I'd said that. 😃

cjr

5 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:
20 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

Have you seen this link to Celebrity's drink-package comparison? It lists booze brands by name between the two packages, and across various categories.

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If the drink can be made with the liquor on the Classic package it is covered.  So margaritas, pina colads, Manhattan,  Bloody Mary, gin & Tonic endless possibilities.

So do I have to specifically ask for a brand on the classic side:  ie Tito's & tonic,Don Julio Margarita, etc or do the bartenders know what to give you when they take your card and you ask for a margarita or whatever?  Or if i wanted one of the specialty drinks listed on the menu at a bar can i ask to substitute one of the cheaper liquors or is that frowned upon? 

Also - when dining at a specialty restaurant, it says drinks are not included in pricing, but are they included if you have a drink package? 

7 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

So do I have to specifically ask for a brand on the classic side:  ie Tito's & tonic,Don Julio Margarita, etc or do the bartenders know what to give you when they take your card and you ask for a margarita or whatever?  Or if i wanted one of the specialty drinks listed on the menu at a bar can i ask to substitute one of the cheaper liquors or is that frowned upon? 

Also - when dining at a specialty restaurant, it says drinks are not included in pricing, but are they included if you have a drink package? 

The bartender will look at your card and pour the appropriate level.  At specialty dining, if you have a bev. package, drinks are included.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

My wife and I are not "brand people" so we tend to ask for a gin & tonic vs. a Hendrick's & tonic, for example. That said, when we asked for mixed drinks, I don't recall any server asking if we wanted a particular brand. I guess he/she just used the "rail" version if available.

Not sure if drink packages carry over into specialty restaurants -- but I think there's a recent thread about that very thing! [EDIT: I posted a link in #19 below.]

cjr

Edited by CNSfromHI

12 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

I always ask for the drink to be made with my beverage of choice, e.g. instead of a rum old fashioned I'll order a Zacapa Old Fashioned, instead of vodka and diet tonic, I'll order a Kettle One and diet tonice, and instead of a margherita, I'll order a top shelf margherita. 

14 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

Drinks in specialty restaurant are covered by your beverage package up to the limit of your package just like at bars, i.e. anything over, you pay the difference plus an 18% gratuity.   

• Like 1

CNSfromHI do you mean the disclaimer at the bottom? Doesn't that just mean that these drinks can be up to $17? (hopefully). Personally, I think the Liqueurs and Cognacs in the classic package are terrible, because there are 2 anise ones, and Kahlua and Tia Maria are kind of a duplicate.

It's like they know the light drinkers will want items from the premium group - Bailey's, Amaretto, Cointreau, Godiva - these all have lesser priced alternatives that could have replaced the duplicates in the classic group.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pghalbs said:

Here's a link to that thread I referenced, although others have answered your question about using a drink package in a specialty restaurant in this thread.

cjr

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisy said:

CNSfromHI do you mean the disclaimer at the bottom? Doesn't that just mean that these drinks can be up to $17? (hopefully). Personally, I think the Liqueurs and Cognacs in the classic package are terrible, because there are 2 anise ones, and Kahlua and Tia Maria are kind of a duplicate.

It's like they know the light drinkers will want items from the premium group - Bailey's, Amaretto, Cointreau, Godiva - these all have lesser priced alternatives that could have replaced the duplicates in the classic group.

Guessing, I assume the "small print" covering Celebrity's package drinks at this link is the maximum price included, but not that every drink hits that threshold/costs that much. So, yes, I agree with you that "these drinks can be up to $17" (or cost up to $10 in the classic package).

As far as what Celebrity chooses to include brand-wise in each package...? 😃

cjr