“Secret” Menu

EagerTravelerBC

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

I've eaten so much chicken at home I was ordering mostly the Salmon & beef selections while on the ship. Unfortunately they seemed to overcook their Salmon most times and sometimes the beef as well.

The buffet was similar with most beef items overcooked.

Not to say that everything was terrible but when they offer something that's dry, it's not that appealing. 

Maybe they're stretching their chicken budget a little to far. 😉

About three or four nights in, I tried to order a fish dish (corvina?) and the head waiter said not to.  Instead, he made me perfectly broiled salmon with his Serbian grandmother’s recipe.  It involved a lot of dry sautéed spices - quite a bit of paprika among them.  It turned out to be the best meal of the cruise.

• Like 2

pre-covid, the buffet offered theme nights, of which the Bavarian was our favorite (schnitzel, bratwurst, apfelstrudel, etc).

I agree with people about pre-ordering Indian food.  We had tablemates order a dish then not show up for dinner - the dish was outstanding, and I don't usually like curry.  They missed a good meal.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BamaVol said:

About three or four nights in, I tried to order a fish dish (corvina?) and the head waiter said not to.  Instead, he made me perfectly broiled salmon with his Serbian grandmother’s recipe.  It involved a lot of dry sautéed spices - quite a bit of paprika among them.  It turned out to be the best meal of the cruise.

I guess it was hit or miss for different meals. 

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I guess it was hit or miss for different meals. 

I agree with your chicken critique. I only had it once, on a Caesar salad.  It was thin, dry and unseasoned.  The only fail in 10 nights.

18 hours ago, Times Prince said:

pre-covid, the buffet offered theme nights, of which the Bavarian was our favorite (schnitzel, bratwurst, apfelstrudel, etc).

I agree with people about pre-ordering Indian food.  We had tablemates order a dish then not show up for dinner - the dish was outstanding, and I don't usually like curry.  They missed a good meal.

They still do have themed nights in 2021, 2022 on Majestic and 2022, 2023 on Discovery.  

• Like 1