Disembarkation to Bergen Train station?

SempreMare

17 minutes ago, SempreMare said:

@CILCIANRQTS in May the morning train I'm on is at 8:14am

image.thumb.png.ef4358a6f2644b6ece13e7d0421a0203.png

I’m hoping that this 8ish train will also be available in August. This might change our mind on walking as I doubt we will want to leave the ship at 7am🤞

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I’m hoping that this 8ish train will also be available in August. This might change our mind on walking as I doubt we will want to leave the ship at 7am🤞

There has been an early morning train for years. Especially in summer, visitors 

want to get to the Myrdal-Flam connection (to do their own Norway/Nutshell) which takes a full day.

• Like 1

Wondering if this is a dumb idea.

We disembark on Saturday 8 July and have a flight home from AMS on the 9th. Currently booked to fly to AMS at around 2pm from BGO. 

I note there is an early train to Oslo - so that gives option to train and fly from Oslo to AMS in the evening. Really like the idea of the train but thinking it might just be too much travel and we won’t get much (or any) time to see Oslo. Any opinions?

Leaning towards skipping the train and keeping current plans. 

5 hours ago, THR said:

Wondering if this is a dumb idea.

We disembark on Saturday 8 July and have a flight home from AMS on the 9th. Currently booked to fly to AMS at around 2pm from BGO. 

I note there is an early train to Oslo - so that gives option to train and fly from Oslo to AMS in the evening. Really like the idea of the train but thinking it might just be too much travel and we won’t get much (or any) time to see Oslo. Any opinions?

Leaning towards skipping the train and keeping current plans. 

It strikes me as two extremely heavy travel days. Early disembarkation in order to catch the 0815 train; best part of 7 hours on the trip to Oslo; limited time in Oslo depending on your flight to AMS; transfer from Oslo to the airport; then the overnight in AMS and flight home.

We are on Saturn (hopefully) a few days earlier and had planned it as disembark July 5 with train to Oslo. Full day in Oslo July 6, then fly home from Oslo July 7th. That at least provides one full day in Oslo (which we've visited before).

Only you know you and can assess your preferences ... best of luck! 🍺🥌

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

It strikes me as two extremely heavy travel days. Early disembarkation in order to catch the 0815 train; best part of 7 hours on the trip to Oslo; limited time in Oslo depending on your flight to AMS; transfer from Oslo to the airport; then the overnight in AMS and flight home.

Only you know you and can assess your preferences ... best of luck! 🍺🥌

You're right, it's too much. We will stick to the direct flight to AMS and less stressful amount of travel.