Disembarkation to Bergen Train station?

SempreMare

After disembarkation in Bergen, I'll go directly to Bergen Train Station for the Bergen to Oslo trip.

(not on an extension; on my own)

At 7:00am ish on a Monday, should I arrange for a taxi to Bergen train station in advance? 

Following…We are planning on walking as a friend who did a cruise that ended here last year said it’s an east FLL and we travel in our roll aboards, but interested in hearing other opinions!

3FBDD184-92CC-4561-BF5B-5ABA576FCF99.png

Edited by Clay Clayton
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Following…We are planning on walking as a friend who did a cruise that ended here last year said it’s an east FLL and we travel in our roll aboards, but interested in hearing other opinions!

Clay, the walk is quite tolerable, although I'd expect more like 30 minutes, as you'll have to cross a number of streets and a few of the sidewalks are a bit rough.

A more likely concern is the weather - it's Bergen, so it's either raining, or about to!

Our experience (pre-pandemic) is that taxis were readily available on disembarkation day - but if you or @SempreMare are on the early train, it might be worth booking one. 🍺🥌

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

3FBDD184-92CC-4561-BF5B-5ABA576FCF99.png

We have walked it on a nice day…the problem is that nice days in Bergen are in short supply.🥴

• Like 1

We wanted a taxi when we disembarked so we asked one of the Viking reps in the terminal for advice.  He pulled out his cell phone and was about to call one when another rep came up and pointed out one in the parking lot.  There is also a small kiosk on one of the posts to call a taxi if no one is around. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CurlerRob said:

Clay, the walk is quite tolerable, although I'd expect more like 30 minutes, as you'll have to cross a number of streets and a few of the sidewalks are a bit rough.

A more likely concern is the weather - it's Bergen, so it's either raining, or about to!

Our experience (pre-pandemic) is that taxis were readily available on disembarkation day - but if you or @SempreMare are on the early train, it might be worth booking one. 🍺🥌

1 hour ago, HUNKY said:

In my best Dowager Countess of Grantham voice...

"What is this walk you speak of?"

31 minutes ago, janetcbl said:

We have walked it on a nice day…the problem is that nice days in Bergen are in short supply.🥴

Given we will be on a train for 5-6 hours, a morning walk sounds nice….if it’s not raining.  🤞

We were planning to walk to our hotel after disembarking (end of July). However

, it was pouring!  We hadn’t arranged a taxi but the Viking rep called one for us. Didn’t wait long. That said, there were quite a few people waiting besides us. I’d arrange a taxi in advance if we were to do it again. It rained almost constantly the three days we were in town. Even with just carryon roller boards, pretty miserable to go far with luggage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You can buy Viking transfers.  Usually they are $49pp but double check with Viking.  As long as you have a flight on disembarkation day, you can buy them. 

The airport bus stops just a few block away as well.  Lots of choices.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

You can buy Viking transfers.  Usually they are $49pp but double check with Viking.  As long as you have a flight on disembarkation day, you can buy them. 

Thank you. Appreciate that info 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MELSMOM47 said:

How about to the airport? Should we pre-arrange transportation?

We used the bus from the airport into Bergen and thought it was a good option. For your reverse trip the nearest stop to the port is Dreggsallmenningen flybusstopp. If you put that into Google Maps, it should show you the exact spot. As I recall, it was right outside Raddison blu hotel and you could wait under the hotel porch if raining. However, I notice from street view that there are some covered bus stops a few yards away on The Bryggen and it might stop there. A quick email to the Raddison blu would get you the exact location, I'm sure. In any case, both places are about 10 minutes walk from the cruise port.

You can buy tickets on the bus or online for a reduced rate  https://www.flybussen.no/en/airports/bergen-airport-flybussen-bergen/

Edited by photopro2
added info
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2023 at 1:46 AM, SempreMare said:

After disembarkation in Bergen, I'll go directly to Bergen Train Station for the Bergen to Oslo trip.

(not on an extension; on my own)

At 7:00am ish on a Monday, should I arrange for a taxi to Bergen train station in advance? 

Morning train is currently at 11:43AM, so if that’s what you’re on, you’ll have plenty of time to stop for a pastry and coffee and get there in plenty of time. It’s a flat walk and mostly scenic route. A few great restaurants near the fish market area. (Where the blue and grey dots diverge)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Morning train is currently at 11:43AM, so if that’s what you’re on, you’ll have plenty of time to stop for a pastry and coffee and get there in plenty of time. It’s a flat walk and mostly scenic route. A few great restaurants near the fish market area. (Where the blue and grey dots diverge)

I think there is also an earlier train …check vy.no (also in English).

On 3/17/2023 at 8:56 PM, Peregrina651 said:

Thank you. Appreciate that info