Switching Cabin Occupants at Embarkation

jjfarns

We are boarding the Apex on April 15th and have two Aqua Class cabins booked. One for my wife and I, and one for out two young adult children, brother and sister. My wife feels it would be more comfortable for the kids if she rooms with our daughter and I room with our son. I called our TA and asked her to make the change but she is reluctant due to a possible mistake being made with the bookings that would affect our promos and pricing. She split the beds in each room to singles and suggested we go to Guest Services and get duplicate room cards for those switching rooms. Seems simple enough but the Edge class ships have room feature controls tied to the app. In addition, carrying two cards would be a pain. Does anyone have experience with making this change once onboard? Can Guest Services simply move me  and my daughter to the different cabins so we just have to carry one card and with the changes to the app as well? TIA. 

15 minutes ago, jjfarns said:

We are boarding the Apex on April 15th and have two Aqua Class cabins booked. One for my wife and I, and one for out two young adult children, brother and sister. My wife feels it would be more comfortable for the kids if she rooms with our daughter and I room with our son. I called our TA and asked her to make the change but she is reluctant due to a possible mistake being made with the bookings that would affect our promos and pricing. She split the beds in each room to singles and suggested we go to Guest Services and get duplicate room cards for those switching rooms. Seems simple enough but the Edge class ships have room feature controls tied to the app. In addition, carrying two cards would be a pain. Does anyone have experience with making this change once onboard? Can Guest Services simply move me  and my daughter to the different cabins so we just have to carry one card and with the changes to the app as well? TIA. 

We had a somewhat similar issue last month and it was determined that the easiest way to manage this is to leave the accounts as they are and get extra keys. Guest relations has no issues giving extra keys. You just inform them you're traveling together and you want one extra key for each room just to get into the rooms. What you should then do is create a label for those extra keys that indicates to you that it's for room# so and so for access only and attach the label on the card so it's easily distinguished from the other. Yes you generally will Carry both cared but from my experience last month on the Solstice it's really not an issue. You would use your originally assigned card for everything except for except for getting into the room. Trust me, this is the best and easiest solution. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you can really easily make the changes you want at guest relations.   if the beds aren't right your cabin steward will make that change for you.

One tip do the muster drill before making the cabin changes at guest services as some times it takes a bit for the system to update all the hand held devices they use to scan you in for the muster drill.   speaking from experience here as we did the change before and it caused some issues, nothing major but just took extra time and had to have a supervisor come in and fixit up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

you can really easily make the changes you want at guest relations.   if the beds aren't right your cabin steward will make that change for you.

One tip do the muster drill before making the cabin changes at guest services as some times it takes a bit for the system to update all the hand held devices they use to scan you in for the muster drill.   speaking from experience here as we did the change before and it caused some issues, nothing major but just took extra time and had to have a supervisor come in and fixit up.

If guest relations makes those changes how would they handle issues regarding different benefits that each room has? 

4 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

If guest relations makes those changes how would they handle issues regarding different benefits that each room has? 

If they all have the AI then shouldn’t be a problem.  However if they upgraded wi-fi or beverage package for some and not all that could be a potential problem.

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

It might depend on the person at guest relations.  The default seems to be the benefits go with the room but when you factor in minors it seems they have some flexibility on this.  If the 2 rooms were booked together they likely have the same benefits.    Celebrity seems to deal with this a lot better than some of the other lines I have been on.

1 hour ago, Woody14 said:

It might depend on the person at guest relations.  The default seems to be the benefits go with the room but when you factor in minors it seems they have some flexibility on this.  If the 2 rooms were booked together they likely have the same benefits.    Celebrity seems to deal with this a lot better than some of the other lines I have been on.

When I asked the forum for the same advice it was consensus that it couldn't be done and extra keys was the best solution. Our situation the two rooms had totally different benefits. I should note that in my situation both rooms were comped BCC rooms. 

Edited by kwokpot

Just came back from our cruise. One couple in our group wanted their bed facing the other direction.  They asked the couple next door to them ( also part of our group ), if they would mind switching.  Both parties went to guest relations and the issue was solved in minutes.

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

If they all have the AI then shouldn’t be a problem.  However if they upgraded wi-fi or beverage package for some and not all that could be a potential problem.

There are two Aqua cabins so everyone has AI.

I would ask at checkin.  Make the change at guest relations after things settle down on boarding day.  Pretty easy to swap keys.

Order the proper bed configuration now.