Transportation Southampton to London

horseboarder

We have booked our London accommodation through Cunard and our itinerary indicates transportation to London is provided. Can anyone tell me what method of transport is used and what time arrival in London might be. Trying to plan for the afternoon. Many thanks. 

I'm not sure which cruise you are taking to Southampton, but if it is a transatlantic voyage, if will  arrive overnight and then offer coach transport to London. This might take a couple of hours (depending on traffic) and will drop you at St. Pancras station. I think you should be there by midday, so should be fine for an afternoon arrival.

Mind you, I haven't done this trip since 2018, so I assume nothing has changed.  I'm sure that others on this list will point out if things have.

1 hour ago, BrisbaneR said:

This might take a couple of hours (depending on traffic) and will drop you at St. Pancras station

I would hope if the OP has a transfer to a Cunard arranged hotel it will go the actual hotel not a station!

• Like 3

Cunard London transfers go either to St. P or to Victoria. See the handout below from our last cruise, which gives an indication of the time taken. It also says transfers as part of a package have already been arranged.

6466CBCA-5A49-4710-B855-13DD2EAB0594.thumb.jpeg.aba199497ff503643ef6f28fe6440ccf.jpeg

• Like 1

Silly really, as the train service from Southampton to London is pretty good and taxis to the station and from Waterloo will cost you a lot less than a road transfer all the way, and be a quicker journey too.

8 minutes ago, IB2 said:

Silly really, as the train service from Southampton to London is pretty good and taxis to the station and from Waterloo will cost you a lot less than a road transfer all the way, and be a quicker journey too.

It’s included with the hotel.