Celebrity at a crossroads

JLS07

On 3/20/2023 at 3:25 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I have been on 3 Celebrity cruises since the restart...I haven't seen the behavior you speak of myself.  I sail 2-3 lines mainly....Celebrity, NCL and MSC....YC in MSC.  No issues so far.  Sailing NCL for the first time since restart April 1...I am expecting a rowdier crowd...we made the dates work around family members with a child in school.  Managing expectations helps.

I will continue to sail Celebrity in the future.  I enjoy the product.  Wife and I have a suite booked on Ascent Jan of 2024.  This will be my first suite experience on Celebrity. 

Wife and I have a suite booked on Ascent Jan of 2024.  This will be my first suite experience on Celebrity. 

We used to do Suites. Congrats to you for winning the Lottery! We can never afford them again on X, so we are switching to MSC Yacht Club. It is actually a better product at a price we can afford.

1 hour ago, Keys Kathy said:

Wife and I have a suite booked on Ascent Jan of 2024.  This will be my first suite experience on Celebrity. 

We used to do Suites. Congrats to you for winning the Lottery! We can never afford them again on X, so we are switching to MSC Yacht Club. It is actually a better product at a price we 

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

On 5/2/2023 at 6:35 PM, neverlaysup said:

You are so correct. I have been booking GTY inside cabins with the All Included package lately and then using Move Up to go wherever that may lead depending on what I want to spend. We have been able to have All Included cruises for less than $100 a day per person. Now, if you are looking to book the Retreat....WOW, the prices have skyrocketed. We did the Retreat on Apex last year and it was really nice but no worth $500 a day for a Sky Suite.

We’re at $594/pp/day for a sky suite next summer on the Equinox. We do have $1350 in OBC, which helps somewhat. Crazy!!  We’re only paying it because it’s our 30th anniversary. However, we’re cruising with MSC next month in the yacht club. If we love it we’re seriously considering canceling and booking with them if we can save a few thousand.