PG in 2007

Pat, why don't you use a TA? I'm shocked about the non-refundable deposit, but if it were me, I would check with a certain agent on another board, and she or her staff would sort it out. (We can talk about TAs in May when we see each other.)

I'm thinking Marquesas in 2008 as well. The Marquesas trip in 2007 is a little early for us in the spring, and can't go in the fall. Maybe the dates will be better then. Of course, this is just a pipe dream, since we don't have any cruises booked after Voyager in June, but I even after 10 months, my chronic Polynesian flu is starting to act up! Fiji does look appealing, and including stops in Tonga and the Cooks sounds amazing, and the timing is perfect for us, so could be a fallback for 2008 if we decide to spring.

I always use a TA Wendy. It's just that I have an onboard booking credit and deposit sitting with Regent and I was just going to switch to the PG cruise with a Regent rep for now. Pricing is so wonky this far out that none of the TA's know what perks they can give right now.......so I would transfer later after TA shopping between the 3 that I usually use. I would never keep my booking with Regent as you always end up paying through the nose that way.............a Ta is the only way to go. Also, still waiting to see if the PG is going all inclusive. I won't book until I know that it is for a fact, as that Fiji cruise is very expensive especially when you add in the air of $2099.00 per person from Toronto for coach, so if it's not all inclusive then it may change my mind to do another cruise. By the time I did the math and conversion from US to CDN it came out at around $20,000.00......so at that price it better be all inclusive.

Pat

Pat, since you've experience moving onboard booking credits, do you happen to know if you can move one further into the future? I.e., if I put down a deposit on a cruise in 2007, would I be able to move it to 2008 when those cruises come available? I think the answer to that is no, but just wondering since we are cruising in June, and it's doubtful we will cruise again before 2008.

I suspect that the PG will be inclusive with the rest of the fleet, but you are right to be wary.

Well unless they have changed their policy in the past couple of months then I would say yes you can keep transferring it into the future. The credit I have I just moved back and forth between cruises last December without any problem. If we don't book that Tahiti cruise by August, because there is still no new info by then, I'm going to have to move it again onto something into the future.

Pat

Isn't there a time limit on the onboard credits? I'm just speaking here out of some buried memory, but I thought I recalled that there is a limit to the amount of time you can keep pushing the onboard booking credit forward...you might want to verify that.

Yes, I guess we should check on that.........Lee Anne in your newest avitar you look really stressed out.........are you okay???? It's gone now I see but honestly I was not imagining the picture and it worried me. Jeepers it's back again............

Pat

Archived