PG in 2007

Thanks Dan! Nice to know, LeeAnne, that I was not the only one wondering about the agent. Perhaps they were trying to just help but unless they can reveal themselves as who they say they are....... then it really could be just anyone spouting off and giving out incorrect information that readers would trust as coming from Regent. Editing to add: Just caught up on my reading of other posts and I see that we were not the only ones questioning the authenticity of the agent. I didn't think the old timers of CC would let this slip by them without saying something.......not like we haven't had our fair share of trolls from time to time on the Rad forum. Nice to see other members speak up and out about this.

Pat

Flyerdreamer, that would be my choice of hotels too. The IC OW bungalow is not to be missed........I hope you signed up for the Ambassador program so you can get the upgrade.

Pat

I tried, but they're almost completely booked these dates (honeymoon season, I suspect) and they said the only rooms available were the garden and the ocean view, and suggested I take the garden in order to be able to try for an upgrade using my ambassador card. I'm bummed! Those OWBs look wonderful. And, yes, if you have pix, would love to see. I'll prob check back with them, will maybe even call directly, to see what can be done if anything. But I think it's the time of year (June). Very busy.

Richard, I sure hope they are not going to be May again this year before they are released.......I have other cruises and travel dates that we will have to jockey around and perhaps change if 2007's itineraries, pricing etc. is not going to be suitable. That would be late and pushing it for cancelling other things.

Flyerdreamer, I'll email the pics to you on the weekend. To confirm your email address and protect your privacy without giving away your name etc. is it the same one that I saw earlier from Susan......Gr.....@soandso.com? You posted it earlier when we all wanted copies of a review someone wrote. I just checked your website and see not only are you a pilot but also a published author..........you go girl!!!!!

Pat

To confirm your email address and protect your privacy without giving away your name etc. is it the same one that I saw earlier from Susan......Gr.....@soandso.com? You posted it earlier when we all wanted copies of a review someone wrote. I just checked your website and see not only are you a pilot but also a published author..........you go girl!!!!!

Pat

:p Thanks so much, Pat! Now you understand why I need vacations! My website addy's in my CC profile--you can go there, just click on "write to susan (near top left of homepage). The mail goes right to me. I look forward to seeing the pix!

PS--when I was on the phone with Regent last week working through some cruise details, I asked the res. agent about the PG 2007 schedules and they said April. So, who knows!

Well I sure hope they post those schedules before I'm on board Voyager in June. We are determined not to cruise in 2007 (moving), but we are wavering, and would be silly not to do an onboard booking. At this time of year in Toronto, Tahiti looks very tempting, and right now, reading about the OWB at the Beachcomber, I can feel the moist air and hear the surf on the black sand beach at the Radisson hotel. It's also a very nice place, no OWBs, but great rooms, spectacular sunsets, walks on the beach, very nice swimming pool.

Wendy: Me too........especially after waking up this morning to it snowing. Guess spring has passed us by again this weekend. You would be crazy not to make an on board booking........are they still allowing open bookings??? Maybe you could do that if the schedules are not out but surely they have to be released before June roles around. I know you and David have gone to Tahiti several times........have you ever gone in the summer? They say that's when the best weather is but somehow I don't think I could bring myself to travel some place hot when it's already 80-90 degrees outside. Our summers are too short as it is and to leave during the best weather seems not right. The last time we were in Tahiti was mid March and the weather was very good. Although I did get another great sale from Regent this morning for July 1st........so it's tempting. Out of all the months you've been Wendy.......what would you say is the best time?

Pat

Pat, no, you have to book a specific cruise, but the idea is to book one as far out as possible, unless you know exactly what you want.

The latest we've been to FP is mid-June. I too find it tough to give up our "real" summer, but I don't mind late May or early June, since the bugs are still out at the cottage, not my favourite time up there.

We went once in April, and there was a real difference in the weather between then and May. Hotter and more humid. I would still do it, but would prefer late May. But the prices are often good in the spring.

When you are thinking about going to French Polynesia, you have to "reverse" your seasonal thinking, as the hot season here is the cool (if you can call it that) season there. Going to FP in OUR summer is actually the best time, as it is their "winter" (if you can call it that) when it is cooler and less rainy. On the other hand, December is a particularly BAD time to go there, as it is hotter than hades, and you'll probably get rained out. You'll see some really great prices for December, as a result, but I wouldn't "bite".

Thanks,

Richard

One thing I noticed is that the lowest available fare is identical to the standard cruise fare. When I booked this year in advance, I got a special pricing with was a good deal lower than standard cruise fare. That would make these fares then higher than they appear if there is no "sale" or limited capacity offer. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I just checked the 10 day next July.

There are only 2 cruises listed in the end of September....My plan was to spend my birthday on board like I did 2 years ago...but they tell me the ship is chartered for the first half of the month. The last time I tried to spend my birthday with Regent they sold the Diamond. Guess I will go to plan B and look into Blue Lagoon cruises in Fiji and shoot for the navigator early December if she is available.

One thing I noticed is that the lowest available fare is identical to the standard cruise fare. When I booked this year in advance, I got a special pricing with was a good deal lower than standard cruise fare. That would make these fares then higher than they appear if there is no "sale" or limited capacity offer. Unless I'm reading it wrong. I just checked the 10 day next July.

As I recall, last year they released the prices, then they later released specials which were much better pricing. We booked one of those specials (although we ultimately switched to the Mariner NZ-LA crossing instead). If the same strategy holds true, we should see some specials coming down the pike.

I see that December 2007 is not posted yet but pricing so far for the PG does not seem much different from 2006 so that is good news. Guess we do not have to cancel anything this year to fit in a PG cruise. And most important of all........the air component is still very reasonable. Actually when you look at all of the itineraries for 2007 the 7 day PG is still the bargain. Still no word yet on whether or not the PG will be all inclusive either so we are waiting for that info too. I also thought that there was a press release saying there would be more Auzzie itineraries in 2007........perhaps that is what they have planned for the month of December. Read the other post that said someone could not book the new aft balcony cabins in 2007.......seems strange! I bet those cabins, once they are released will be classified not as a Cat C but as a much higher category.............like a suite.

Pat

Interesting on not releasing those Cs. I have to call Regent this morning regarding my Gold Points. I'll see what I can find out. I have one of the new Bs this June. Well, the only new B. There are a couple of new As. All of these are at the bow. My cabin (7003) is a somewhat larger than the average B, however my balcony is a little smaller. Mine was priced the same as any B though. Anyway, it's got me curious...

Several questions : No 14 day cruise to the Marquesas in November is listed........has RSSC done away with that cruise during that month in 2007? I've talked my DH into doing that cruise again and we hoping to book for 11/07 as it fits into our schedule and it seems to me that the cruise has been offered then for the past several years.

Also, could someone tell me about Gold Points and what the benefits are from them? I assume I have a view accrued as we've sailed for a total of 21 days on RSSC. We do have Gold Point numbers. If this topic has already been covered, sorry to ask again.....please just point me in the right direction for info. Thanks!

Vaitape..........no worries...........we all make typos. I noticed that there are more 9, 10, and 11 day cruises next year but there is a time slot in November between Nov 11 and Dec 02 where no cruises are listed. Either the ship has been chartered or they have not released the itinerary yet. So don't give up yet on going in November 2007.......until you know what the ship is doing during that mystery time slot.

Also, the good thing about collecting Gold Points is the discount you can apply for when booking your next cruise. Points table copied below for you:

Also there are other partners where you can redeem your Gold Points if you don't want to apply them to a cruise. Just check on the Gold Points website.

Pat

It's easy to save on a luxury Regent Seven Seas cruise. Save $400 on a cruise when you redeem 100,000 Gold Points.

Limit one redemption per person per booking.

Rewards Points Needed

$200 50,000

$400 100,000

$600 200,000

$800 300,000

$1,000 400,000

$5,000 2,400,000

Total Gold Points redeemed are based on the total discount applied to booking. For specific terms, conditions and program rules, please visit http://www.rssc.com.

Canadagal: Thanks very much for your kind posting. I discovered that we have 75,000 points each so after our 14 day cruise to the the Cooks and Australs in Sept, we may have enough for the $400 savings next voyage. Sure do hope that the Marquesas 14 day cruise is offered Nov 07 and will keep my eyes open for any info. Again, thanks Pat for taking the time to answer my questions.

The PG itinerary is loaded now for November and December 2007. Vaitape: they are doing Fiji & Marquesas in November too.......see below: Great itineraries.

Papeete, Tahiti to Lautoka on Paul Gauguin

Papeete, Tahiti to Lautoka

15 Nights

Departs November 03, 2007

Starting at $4,195 - Paul Gauguin 2007 advanced pricing

Enroll in our RegentCare Guest Protection Plan

Lautoka to Papeete, Tahiti on Paul Gauguin

Lautoka to Papeete, Tahiti

13 Nights

Departs November 18, 2007

Starting at $4,395 - Paul Gauguin 2007 advanced pricing

My error and too late to edit my last post. It's not going to the Marquesas but rather the Cook Islands, Tonga and Fiji Islands as well as the Societies. The itinerary is still very interesting but if you have your heart set on the Marquesas, Vaitape then it still doesn't help you.

Pat

Canadagal: Thanks for the update. I saw this morning as well. The port call in Tonga would be well worth the cruise but yeah, have our hearts set on the Marquesas. Now we're hoping that RSSC will revisist the Marquesas in '08.

I spoke to Regent today as I was making enquiries about a November/07 cruise and was going to put down a deposit. The Regent rep still could not confirm whether or not the PG was going to be part of the all-inclusive for 2007 and also she said that they still were not releasing those aft balcony cabins as they were still tinkering with problems on them. I questioned why they wouldn't let me book one of those cabins over 19 months out as surely they must be fixed by then. She had no idea when they would be released and was not much help. Then to my amazement when she quoted me the price she said there would be a fuel surcharge of $120.00 per person and that there is now a cancellation fee of $100.00 if you cancel after making deposit.......even if you change your mind 2 days later. I thought the idea of all inclusive was to include the fuel surcharge in with the already hefty pricing. Guess not. As they are unsure about the PG being part of the all-inclusive and with the new cancellation charge I said I wouldn't be booking until they had more facts. I found this to be a pretty lame start to the new Regent face they are trying to portray and it killed my excitement of booking the cruise for now anyway.

Pat

Archived