Seabourn Ovation V1 deck 5 cabins

Melbourne Boys

Evening everyone from Melbourne Australia. Can anyone give me some advice on the good, bad, and ugly of V1 cabins on Ovation.

Primarily any cabins better than others. We are aware of the restricted glass balconies.

Many thanks Michael.

Edited by Melbourne Boys

We will be on the Ovation next week and are in 550, which is an accessible cabin.  IMO, I would not want to be in any cabin that is toward the bow on that deck, because of motion and noise.  I think any of the others would be fine choices and then just a matter of whether you have a preference of port or starboard.

Have a look at this video if you haven't already  - it gives you an idea  - I think the veranda suites are slightly more narrow on Encore and Ovation than the older ships  but apart from location all similar (apart from Veranda 'barrier'). I get seasick so choose midship so have 542 booked 😁

We were on ovation in late January of this year and had room 528. I thought it was actually just fine and thought the slightly larger balcony made up for the lack of all glass. You will hear some vibration of the anchor in the morning, but it wasn’t something that really bothered us too bad location wise. 

Some of the pros of deck five was easy access to the restaurant, laundry and we really enjoy the back deck on five with the pool and two hot tubs.  Also because I think it has slightly less rooms than other decks, it’s quieter and less traffic.

Last May on Ovation we had a room on deck seven so I had the same concern about being in a category one on deck five. Honestly, I would say the two rooms are a wash and in some cases feel like we got a better ride on deck five being lower on the ship.  

I wouldn’t hesitate staying on deck five again, especially if I can find a room midship!

enjoy 🙂

Edited by goodvino808
  • Like 2

Deck 5 is my favorite.  Low i the ship makes for less movement.  I love the easy access tot he pool at the back of deck 5.  It is a frequently forgotten spot.  small pool and hot tub.  I can not tell you how many times i was the only one in the pool

1 hour ago, JPH814 said:

Deck 5 is my favorite.  Low i the ship makes for less movement.  I love the easy access tot he pool at the back of deck 5.  It is a frequently forgotten spot.  small pool and hot tub.  I can not tell you how many times i was the only one in the pool

Not any more me thinks 🙂 

• Haha 2