How is the laundry service on MSC.

Nashna

We will be on the Mera for eleven days in October on a Canada/New England cruise.   Since the weather is so iffy and we are trying to keep the suitcase weight below 50 lbs, we are considering having laundry done onboard.  The last time I tried having the ship do my laundry on X, it resulted in two ruined tops.  Has anyone had experience with knit tops or pants being washed or dry-cleaned on MSC?  

Hard wearing fabrics only for cruise ship laundry. Learned the hard. Everything goes in hot. Everything gets desert level drying.

I have a couple of nice silk Tommy Bahama shirts I like. They don’t get laundered. Same with silk shorts. But everything else socks, underwear, T’s and golf shirts go in the bag before I go home. Always washed, neatly folded and ready to go back in drawer when I get home.

Tip: I have a white t-shirt I wear in the pool, ocean or hot tub along with my bathing suit. When I get back to my room I hop in the shower with them on. Soap them and rinse all the salt / chlorinated water off. Hang ‘Em after and they dry or nearly dry the next day. 

• Like 1

Have purchased it several times but I do not send anything that might shrink.  Sent a linen pair of pants on the Divina and they came back as capris they had shrunk so bad.  I take a travel packet of tide and wash out a lot of things in the cabin sink and hang them in the shower on the clothes line.  Works out good for us.  I will send socks, undergarments, jeans or anything sturdy to the laundry.

• Like 1

Was super slow for us on Grandiosa to the point we ended up needing to handwash some undies. It took 3 days to get back on a 7 day cruise. Stuff was clean and fine, but we only sent undies, socks and pretty durable clothing.