Free parking

Bowtoo

Not sure if anyone else is having a similar problem, but I can't seem to book my parking space due to a discrepancy between P&O and cruiseparking.co.uk. 

On my P&O booking reference, it says parking must be booked a minimum of 10 days before your departure date, whereas on the cruiseparking.co.uk website, it says this must be done 35 days prior to sailing. 

I booked my cruise fairly close to departure (with less than 35 days to go) so surely they wouldn't be offering this benefit if it couldn't be used?

2 hours ago, gjw1989 said:

Not sure if anyone else is having a similar problem, but I can't seem to book my parking space due to a discrepancy between P&O and cruiseparking.co.uk. 

On my P&O booking reference, it says parking must be booked a minimum of 10 days before your departure date, whereas on the cruiseparking.co.uk website, it says this must be done 35 days prior to sailing. 

I booked my cruise fairly close to departure (with less than 35 days to go) so surely they wouldn't be offering this benefit if it couldn't be used?

Think you might be having problems because it is within 35 days. If you booked within 45 days contact whoever you booked with your TA or direct with P&O.

I booked directly with P&O.

I'm presuming if there's no availability left, they may be able to change my Select Price benefit back to extra onboard spend?

2 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Think you might be having problems because it is within 35 days. If you booked within 45 days contact whoever you booked with your TA or direct with P&O.

On 3/30/2023 at 5:38 PM, Cpt Pugwash said:

Yes you will receive the full OBC quoted if you do not take any of the offers like Free Parking/Coach. It is actually worded wrong and shouldn't say Free. If you decide to Park elsewhere like many people do you pay for it out your own pocket as with there Free Parking it comes out your OBC either way it''s not Free as they say.

Like the last 2 times i flew to Southampton and receive the full OBC quoted but have booked 2 trips this year and am being charged for Parking from my OBC because after becoming Disabled apart from the long drive is easier for me as with CPC you drive up to terminal, they remove your cases for you take them away, and car is driven to be parked for you.

Yes i could use another cheaper service but for me no lugging suitcases, no transferring to minibuses.

Remember that old saying about 'Swings & Roundabouts'.

But it isn't actually costing you anything so therefore is free... You could say the money they are giving you is free money - whatever you decide to use it on.

3 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But it isn't actually costing you anything so therefore is free... You could say the money they are giving you is free money - whatever you decide to use it on.

I could have saved £150 per person by choosing the 'Saver' price rather than the 'Select' price. I chose the Select for the parking. 

2 minutes ago, gjw1989 said:

I could have saved £150 per person by choosing the 'Saver' price rather than the 'Select' price. I chose the Select for the parking. 

Yes. My fare this year includes obc of £265 and then I could have had free parking, coach or an extra £60 obc. Being a 12 night cruise and I am sailing solo, the parking was far and away the best option.

3 hours ago, gjw1989 said:

I have noticed lately that CPS the parking company P&O use, have been full 3 to 4 month before departure.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, daiB said:

I have noticed lately that CPS the parking company P&O use, have been full 3 to 4 month before departure.

Not surprising with the increased berths due to the arrival of Arvia, hot in the wake of Iona...

2 hours ago, daiB said:

Not always we have checked CPS website for a cruise at beginning of July and there is availability but at the extortionate price of £210 for 12nt cruise.

On 3/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, Bowtoo said:

P&O seem to offer parking with £80 OBC (£240 OBC)

just found penguin parking for £119 and it right next to the port

We have always used CPS and have just booked a cruise where I swithered about taking the larger obc and sort parking myself. The name that came to mind was Penguin so I logged in to their site and their quote was more (ok, only by about £5) than CPS so whilst P may often be cheaper it’s a fluid situation. It’s only a few weeks to our cruise so perhaps that was a factor. 

1 hour ago, Ranchi said:

The name that came to mind was Penguin so I logged in to their site and their quote was more (ok, only by about £5) than CPS so whilst P may often be cheaper it’s a fluid situation

The other option for parking which is normally significant cheaper than CPS is Parking 4 Cruises