Bridge

NewbieGma

If your particular sailing has an instructor and classes, just be prepared that some of the people who sign up for the "beginner" sessions are far from it.  I was looking forward to learning to play but was unable to attend the first session.  When I showed up the next day, thinking I could catch up, there was a contingent that insisted on comparing the benefits of the Inverse Flippinoid Strategy (or whatever it was called).  When the instructor actively joined the discussion and ignored those of us who were there to learn how to play, I gave up and left.

Our adult son, who cruises with us sometimes, learned how to play bridge on Marina and absolutely loves it now.  On our recent cruise to the Amazon, he played every day he could with some really lovely people.

• Like 1

When we were on Riviera in January our sea days had a set bridge and mahjongg time for players. I think 1:30 and we all met in Polo.  Cards and sets were available but this was informal.  Figure maybe 4 tables of each for 2 or 3 hours.  Very pleasant. There was also a game room with other games and I saw people there throughout the cruise.  Finally I also saw people playing on the tables in the covered section by the pool.  This may have been the smoking section. Right by la reserve.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Woofa said:

Finally I also saw people playing on the tables in the covered section by the pool.  This may have been the smoking section. Right by la reserve.

Not the smoking section  that is at the other end of the pool deck 😉

• Like 1

On Sirena now on a Transatlantic. We have two very experienced instructors. Beginners and experienced players have had separate lessons. Duplicate competition on all sea days. I have met many new friends at bridge here … and won some MP’s.