Did The Joy Miss Costa Maya again today

wolft927

So we are cruising on April 8th 2023 on the Joy and noticed last cruised they missed costa Maya and it appears the Joy is off the Coast of Belize with 2 other ships. Does anyone know if the Joy was able to make it to costa Maya today?

13 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

From what I see online (and remember, I'm not monitoring the Joy's movements) the Joy is exactly where she is scheduled to be today...

Untitled.jpg.9819cae892acab9929b060ea00260019.jpg

Just noticed Harvest Cay and Belize City, Our Itinerary which i thought was the same has Costa Maya Instead of Belize City. Wonder if that was the original itinerary

1 minute ago, wolft927 said:

I must be losing my mind, thought she was in Belize yesterday

I’m on the Joy this Saturday, I really don’t care where we go.  

They took Costa Maya off our schedule in Jan…GSC now is on deck. Actually, I hope we make that one.  Cabana Time. 🙂

• Like 2

Please ignore my comment if you are taking your cruise for beaches (and hopefully you'll get to GSC if that's the case) but in Costa Maya this private tour is great: https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour  .  You visit the Chacchoben Mayan ruins, which are interesting (not mind blowing ruins like Machu Picchu,  but interesting close ruins) and then have a delicious meal cooked by local Mayan grandmothers.  

Yea I was looking at Costa maya cruise ship schedule and had Joy on it for today with 3 other ships, also next week was also still on their schedule again with 3 other ships. My guess is they were concerned overcrowding of the port. When we go the week of the 8th only one other ship in with us so guess we are still going. 

23 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Yea I was looking at Costa maya cruise ship schedule and had Joy on it for today with 3 other ships, also next week was also still on their schedule again with 3 other ships. My guess is they were concerned overcrowding of the port. When we go the week of the 8th only one other ship in with us so guess we are still going. 

It's hard to tell.  NCL's been doing this a lot, so it's hard to know for certain.  I should have mentioned earlier to check with Native Choice and all other private excursions about their cancellation policies because you don't want to lose money on an excursion if NCL decides to skip a port at the last minute.

3 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Please ignore my comment if you are taking your cruise for beaches (and hopefully you'll get to GSC if that's the case) but in Costa Maya this private tour is great: https://www.thenativechoice.com/tours/mayan-experience-tour  .  You visit the Chacchoben Mayan ruins, which are interesting (not mind blowing ruins like Machu Picchu,  but interesting close ruins) and then have a delicious meal cooked by local Mayan grandmothers.  

Before our change, we had some of our group that wanted to see those ruins…it was not to be this trip.

11 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I’m on the Joy this Saturday, I really don’t care where we go.  

They took Costa Maya off our schedule in Jan…GSC now is on deck. Actually, I hope we make that one.  Cabana Time. 🙂

I am on this Saturday cruise as well and we may not even get off the ship as the two private islands. Just wanna chill and relax and 🍷🥃🍸🍺🍹🧉