Barbados flights and hotels

8 hours ago, lincslady said:

For Brits. Barbados is (for most of us) a better embarkation port than Miami, and certainly than other islands , as we have good direct flights.  I even prefer the disorganised but at least small airport!

I thought so!  I know Seabourn uses it a lot, and they seem to have more passengers from the U.K. Coming from Canada it may not be too bad either, in the winter, but from the States it looks like a real pain.  The lack of offered hotels I guess is a problem for everybody.

2 hours ago, jhenry1 said:

That is exactly why we decided best to just spend night at the airport hotel and get up and catch the next flight. Connections too tight both ways.

Good thinking.  We had two hours plus to connect last Dec and barely made it.  Chaos.

Edited by RetiredandTravel

On 8/3/2023 at 4:45 AM, jhenry1 said:

What we are having to do on our Barbados to Barbados cruise in Feb on Splendor book our own air , transfers, and hotel. Regent is not providing hotels in Barbados so there therefore no transfers either. You can use their air but why would anyone do that if nothing else is provided. They still have all offered on this cruise website. We are flying to Miami spending the night at the airport and catching the flight to Barbados the next morning. We booked the Barbados Hilton and I sent them an email regarding a driver for transfers and he contacted me right away. We will be using him for all transfers. Hopefully it works out. We will have to take the 4:30 flight out back to Barbados so spending another night in Miami at the airport hotel and catching an early morning flight back to Texas. These are all American flights nonstop. 
This cruise is a real pain. Getting to and from Barbados is a real pain. Regent I believe is dropping Barbados as a debarkation or embarkation port. To expensive. The 300 for hotel credit no way covers the hotel and the breakfast and transfers. Regent seems to be falling behind on customer service but continues to raise prices.

Thank you for the information. I will be able to speak with Regent Air  Concierge in about 8 days regarding our travel for the March 7, Barbadoes to San Juan itinerary. May be following your example.