Smoking in Mexico since new law passed (Cozumel/Costa Maya)

candasun

Have any smokers recently been to Cozumel or Costa Maya since the new law passed. I am hesitant to book an excursion or all inclusive and be stuck there all day without a cigarette. I know, bad habit but fact is, it would not make for an enjoyable day for me. No lectures please, just looking for some experiences that smokers have had recently. I have read the way the law is worded and it makes it seem like you would not be able to smoke anywhere but a private residence? I cant believe that an area so dependent on tourism would be that strict. Thanks in advance for any insight provided

• 1 month later...

Just back from Mr. Sanchos. They have a designated smoking area with tables at the back of the establishment. My husband loves smoking a cigar on the beach and this really detracted from his experience. They did have drinks served to them back there, but it's by the bathrooms so not a great location but well shaded.

• 1 month later...

Went to Costa Maya a little over a month ago and there was smoking as long as it's outside and not near a restaurant or food. Owners to the dive shop we went to said you can still smoke and they were smoking along the malecon. 

In Cozumel, we went to Chankanaab and I vaped with no issues and nothing was said. 

• Like 1