Consent to Travel Form

baflagg

Looking for feedback from anyone that has had experience with the Consent to Travel form.  We are traveling on the Joy in August NYC-Bermuda and my daughter is bringing a friend who will be 16 at the time of travel.  We have 2 connecting balcony rooms, myself & husband in one room and my mother-in-law, our daughter and her friend in the other. Whose name goes on the form as the parent/guardian taking responsibility for the friend.  Would it be my mother-in-law since she is the one over 21 years of age in the same room or do my husband and I put down our names?  

Is the form just for checking in and getting on the ship then departing when we arrive back in NYC or does it need to be shown if we get off the ship in Bermuda and when we return to the ship?.   Just trying to figure out plans and the need for this form after we are checked in on day one.  Example some of the group want to go jet skiing while others are going to the beach. If the friend goes jet skiing with those not listed on the Consent to Travel form can she get back on the ship with them or do they need to hang around in the Dockyard waiting for us to get back from the beach.  Can I list all of the adults on the form?

Also does not appear the form needs to be notarized, I thought it did but looks like it just needs to be signed by the parents with a copy of their license attached.

Sorry for the all the rambling questions.  I will reach out to NCL but figured I would ask her for those that might have had some experience already. 

We used this form last year when we took our 9 yr old grandson on the Pearl to Bermuda. 
I would have your MIL put her name on the form along with you and your husband. Ultimately if your daughter’s friend is God forbid injured or becomes I’ll you guys have permission to authorize medical attention.
This is why I would include all of your names on the form. Your MIL may not want to be completely responsible for that. 

The form is really only checked when you check in at the terminal for the cruise and get your cruise cards. 
We did carry it with us in Bermuda in case something happened but we were never asked to show it when we went back to the ship. 

The officials at the terminal in Bermuda did ask everyone to show their government issued photo ID’s for adults and those under 17 needed to show a birth certificate along with our cruise cards when returning to the ship. 

We are going again this coming Friday with our grandson and if anything has changed I’ll be updating the process in my live review that I plan to do here. 

Edited by styles27

25 minutes ago, styles27 said:

We used this form last year when we took our 9 yr old grandson on the Pearl to Bermuda. 
I would have your MIL put her name on the form along with you and your husband. Ultimately if your daughter’s friend is God forbid injured or becomes I’ll you guys have permission to authorize medical attention.
This is why I would include all of your names on the form. Your MIL may not want to be completely responsible for that. 

The form is really only checked when you check in at the terminal for the cruise and get your cruise cards. 
We did carry it with us in Bermuda in case something happened but we were never asked to show it when we went back to the ship. 

The officials at the terminal in Bermuda did ask everyone to show their government issued photo ID’s for adults and those under 17 needed to show a birth certificate along with our cruise cards when returning to the ship. 

We are going again this coming Friday with our grandson and if anything has changed I’ll be updating the process in my live review that I plan to do here. 

I thought the form was only for getting in the ship and any emergency treatments while on the ship.  We are traveling with our grandchildren soon and plan to have the NCL consent form and a separate medical consent form in case something should happen before or after we get in the ship and also when doing excursions.

• Like 1

We needed the form four times for our grandson. I was the one to sign with his parents. Showed it when we boarded once going out of NY and one of the three trips out of Boston to Bermuda. The other two time nobody asked. We did keep this with us when on shore in the Bahamas and Bermuda nobody ever asked for it. Don't need it this trip as his Dad will be with us as well.

37 minutes ago, gracebest said:

I thought the form was only for getting in the ship and any emergency treatments while on the ship.  We are traveling with our grandchildren soon and plan to have the NCL consent form and a separate medical consent form in case something should happen before or after we get in the ship and also when doing excursions.

Correct it is also for authorization for medical care/cost associated with care by ship’s physician. A separate form is needed for medical care authorization in a port. 

46D99A24-46CC-4591-AC9D-684A25E3615E.jpeg

Edited by styles27