Fastest way Terminal 1 to 2 at Honolulu Airport

SFO Peter

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to change from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Honolulu airport.  Hawaiian Airline booked me a flight from San Francisco to Japan with a connecting flight of Honolulu to Japan with only one hour for the transfer.  I am traveling with a 98 year old.  I looked at several youtube videos but could not find something related.  Should I use terminal bus or walk?

Peter

2 hours ago, SFO Peter said:

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to change from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Honolulu airport.  Hawaiian Airline booked me a flight from San Francisco to Japan with a connecting flight of Honolulu to Japan with only one hour for the transfer.  I am traveling with a 98 year old.  I looked at several youtube videos but could not find something related.  Should I use terminal bus or walk?

Peter

Oh no…you need them to rebook those flights, unless you agreed to it. 

On 4/3/2023 at 9:36 AM, georgiacat said:

Request a wheelchair for 98 year old.  That may help things.

Agree with this-- while it might slow you down a bit disembarking your first flight, it also means that the airport and Hawaiian will be even more aware of the special circumstances of your tight connection and may even provide something like a courtesy car across the tarmac to your next gate/flight to help expedite it. 

The wiki wiki bus that will take you from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 is on the roof, but you'll still need to walk to the gate so it's not a big savings of time.  If you walk, don't exit the terminal buildings to the street or you'll need to reenter through TSA.

I think your best bet is to contact Hawaiian Airlines and/or airport to arrange for their golf-cart type shuttle service from one gate to your next gate.  It's usually provided to folks of advanced age and disability.