Martha's Vineyard Dock

xcal185

We will be visiting Martha's Vineyard on our cruise this September. I was wondering if there would be either taxis or tour operators at the port for hire, or car rental agencies nearby.  I was also wondering at what island or port the cruise ship actually docks. We are on the NCL Star. 

Thanks in advance

Brian

2 hours ago, xcal185 said:

I was also wondering at what island or port the cruise ship actually docks.

There's only one island and you will be tendering-- there is no dock large enough to accommodate a small cruise ship, let alone a bigger one like NCL Star. You'll be tendering into the town of Oak Bluffs. It is easy to walk to a bunch of shops, restaurants, and attractions in town. 

2 hours ago, xcal185 said:

I was wondering if there would be either taxis or tour operators at the port for hire, or car rental agencies nearby.

For the amount of time you are there it's not really necessary unless you have something specific you want to see outside of Oak Bluffs (Edgartown is a bit larger, but Oak Bluffs is very atmospheric). There are some of the major rental car options out at the airport (which will require a taxi) or there are some more local options that have jeeps and mopeds that are in town. 

Tour operators are easy to find online. There won't be ones there hawking their services at the tender pier like you would find in the Caribbean-- either reserve one in advance or book a ships excursion if you want something booked ahead.