Reliable place to store luggage in Reykjavic?

erikzen

I will be on a RT cruise out of Reykjavik, July 14 - July 24. Unfortunately, there are limited flights from KEF to JFK and our flight leaves at 5 PM, while we have to disembark around 9 AM. I'd like to spend a leisurely few hours in Reykjavik before having to check in at the airport but don't want to drag my bags around. I found this company called Luggage Lockers but it doesn't appear that you can reserve the lockers and I'm afraid of relying on this service and there not being any lockers available. https://www.luggagelockers.is/sizes-and-prices.html

Does anyone have any experience with this company or have any other suggestions for storing luggage?

3 hours ago, erikzen said:

I will be on a RT cruise out of Reykjavik, July 14 - July 24. Unfortunately, there are limited flights from KEF to JFK and our flight leaves at 5 PM, while we have to disembark around 9 AM. I'd like to spend a leisurely few hours in Reykjavik before having to check in at the airport but don't want to drag my bags around. I found this company called Luggage Lockers but it doesn't appear that you can reserve the lockers and I'm afraid of relying on this service and there not being any lockers available. https://www.luggagelockers.is/sizes-and-prices.html

Does anyone have any experience with this company or have any other suggestions for storing luggage?

Am following also, as our flight leaves at 4:50 PM and we have no plans yet for all day after checking out of the hotel.  Can't find a tour that would be a half day, take luggage, and drop us at KEF.  That would be ideal for sure.

We thought about taking a tour but the last thing I want to do is rush off the ship to make a tour deadline after spending ten days touring the country. I think I will have had my fill of tours by then. I just want to enjoy a nice lunch and a stroll around the city, if possible, rather than sitting in the airport for 4 or 5 hours. 

https://www.luggagelockers.is/locations.html They seem to have multiple locations.

Here's an idea of the locker sizes at each location: https://www.luggagelockers.is/sizes-and-prices.html

Another option is to contact an hotel to arrange day storage. Perhaps you are staying somewhere pre cruise and can use their services afterwards?

• Like 1

My only concern about luggage lockers is you can't reserve ahead of time. I have fears of showing up with 6 people's luggage and not having enough locker space. If anyone has some experience actually using the lockers during peak season that would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, erikzen said:

My only concern about luggage lockers is you can't reserve ahead of time. I have fears of showing up with 6 people's luggage and not having enough locker space. If anyone has some experience actually using the lockers during peak season that would be appreciated.

Even then it still is a gamble. A large number of cruise passengers disembarking, it just takes a few with the same idea as you and you will luck out.

If you want to reserve and/or have certainty, try a hotel. :classic_smile: