Meraviglia boarding with luggage?

Qazzy

I travel with one full size suitcase.  While traveling, I prefer to keep it with me and not check it whenever possible.  Is there a bag size limit for carryon?  Do I have to check my bag?

1 hour ago, Qazzy said:

I travel with one full size suitcase.  While traveling, I prefer to keep it with me and not check it whenever possible.  Is there a bag size limit for carryon?  Do I have to check my bag?

At the Port of Miami Terminal C getting into the terminal ,2 gentlemen with 1 piece of luggage were stopped and not let into the terminal because it was a regular 25" suitcase, too large for the security screening and told to go find a porter and have it checked. They then had to get back in a long line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qazzy said:

I cruise for a week with a carry on and a high school-sized backpack. Both are allowed in the main cabin on a plane. Both fit through the airport and port scanners. If you can economize a bit you can do this. Otherwise, big bags are in the hands of the porters. Tip: have your toiletries, meds, cash, docs and a change of clothes in a small bag to carry on. It takes hours for all the large bags to be distributed.

15 hours ago, Qazzy said:

If you could switch to two roller bags that would be a solve.  There's not a limit to what you can carry on, you only must be able to manage it yourself AND the bags have to fit through the scanner.

17 hours ago, Qazzy said:

"One full size suitcase" it a little vague. Luggage comes in all shapes and sizes. Do you know the approximate dimensions of yours? I find that, when cruising, it's always best to keep my medications, toiletries, electronics, cash, and jewelry in a backpack that I carry onboard myself and leave my carry-on sized roller bag with all in my clothes in it with the porters.