Question on Venezia deck 9 aft balcony cabin overhang.

Rahi

I am scheduled to go on Carnival's Venezia in Oct - I went with the 9th floor aft balcony room. I am worried when I look at videos, that that aft deck seems dark, (which I may not like), caused by the overhang from deck 10 pool area. Does anyone else see that, or am I imaging things? Thanks for any input!! 

Presuming it is exactly like the Vista class ships the overhang completely covers the balcony so it is in the shade all the time. I plan to book one on the Horizon for that reason, all the other decks have no shade or privacy. Sounds like that’s not what you are looking for so you probably want to avoid deck 9. 

Edited to add you also have the advantage of being close to the lido for easy access to food and drinks and if you are on a Caribbean cruise the shade could be welcome and the privacy is great! Sorry, I missed that you are already booked. 

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rahi said:
I am scheduled to go on Carnival's Venezia in Oct - I went with the 9th floor aft balcony room. I am worried when I look at videos, that that aft deck seems dark, (which I may not like), caused by the overhang from deck 10 pool area. Does anyone else see that, or am I imaging things? Thanks for any input!! 

Is that in the Terrazza section or the aft slightly to the side. We booked 7495 so we aren't under the pool I can't find any pictures in this area.

4 hours ago, Rahi said:

I would expect an overhang. It will also somewhat protect you from rain and possible soot. I would be more concerned with noise from the scraping of deck chairs above.

22 hours ago, latebloomer56 said:

Is that in the Terrazza section or the aft slightly to the side. We booked 7495 so we aren't under the pool I can't find any pictures in this area.

Terrazza section

• 1 month later...

We were on 9 aft on a diff Carnival ship - the entire balcony was covered. While it did make it more pleasant in the Caribbean, it was very loud non-stop chairs scraping/banging from above. Very annoying. We booked on 7 on Venezia to avoid that.

• Like 1