Princess Premier

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

I was in the process of booking 10/31/23 cruise on Caribbean Princess. I selected Princess Premier option. Total price was $2166 and it showed all the premiere promos applied. After I entered my name, address, etc. it said my price had changed! Yet it still showed the fare was $2166 no change, but it only listed some of the promos of the premier package not all that should be included. Any thoughts?

Have you finalized the deposit payment, or you still in the hold stage.

I found that once we completed the deposit payment, and the old Princess IT had a couple of hours to wind up, that everything finally appeared in the Travel Summary.   We had the Premier on our last cruise.

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

I didn’t finish adding second guest because I didn’t want to continue if I wasn’t going to receive all the promos. I probably will call and book over the phone.

24 minutes ago, FrankieJayIII said:

Can you let me know how the experience was of having Premier?

Hmmm...  Would I get it again.. NO, am I glad that I did.. YES.  I would get Plus, but not the Premium.  It was a last minute cruise (Discovery, sailed in Sept, booked in August), so we splurged. We had a ton of FCC from 2 cancelled cruises over Covid that had to be used by Dec last year. 

We each got $125 OBC, 2 Specialty dining, drink package, multi device wifi, gratuities, 5 picture photo package and entries into the Princess Plus every time we entered the cabin (at sea).   

It was very nice to not have to worry about the end of cruise bill, as everything was covered.    

Good

• Was nice to order drinks, coffees, water, and not have to think about what we will be paying at the end. We used this feature a lot, and the crew at the IC knew our names.   
  • Did not know that the Gelato was included until the last night (missed out on superb gelato)
  • The specialty dining was very nice as we tried Bistro Sur la Mere and Sabatini's.   

Bad
  • Photo's were horrible, poorly done, out of focus, poorly lighted and the boarding photos were an absolute joke (green screen behind) and they overlayed a poor photo background
  • Wifi on the ship was the slowest I have ever experienced, we could hardly connect to view emails and many speed tests showed service was always less than 1mbs service .3 average and .92 the fastest.    I would have demanded a refund on this alone, but it was included so could not really complain.

Unexpected
  • Wife won the end of cruise draw and she walked away with $5k in her pockets (it is paying for our next cruise this summer).
Edited by Valiamo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Valiamo we are in the a similar situation.  Splurged on Premier, going to see if we feel it is cost effective for us.  I'm sure some of the offerings will be well used, however I'm pretty sure there will be included offerings that will slip through our fingers.  I'll have to make the same evaluation once that cruise is completed.

We recently completed 5 B2Bs on the Discovery Princess. The first two I bought the Plus package prior to the cruise, because they weren't accepting OBC yet. That started February 20. #3 I had bought the Plus package at the old rate. On #4 I went to the PSD to buy the Plus package with my OBC and he said we were eligible for an upgrade to the Premier package for $420. We had been ordering Canyon Oaks Cabernet under the plus package. I think it was $9 a glass. The first night the server asked why we weren't ordering Silverado ($18 a glass), since we had Premium. So, we got Silverado for the rest of the cruise. We actually liked the cheap wine better. I got tired of the Medallion device on my cabin door telling me better luck next time on the Princess Prizes. We didn't try any of the other features of Premier. I had already gotten tired of their Yoga fitness classes, which weren't any good.

On cruise #5 I had enough OBC to buy the Plus, since Premier had only cost $420 on cruise #4, They charged $908, which I assume was $840 plus $68 insurance.

Now, after trying both packages, the Plus package was worth it. Premier wasn't, unless it was offered as an upgrade.

9 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Correlation???  🤔

alas, no correlation, just a coincidence.    I know it sounds weird, but… we never expected it to happen and it will most likely never happen again.  

Premier is an add on that really does not make dollars sense to us, adding Premier to our next cruise would have been well over $2k.  We used that for excursions at every port, 2 specially dining reservations, and still have not hit the difference.  

Plus works for us. Once and awhile we will order an $18 wine but only if getting a beef dish at dinner. Otherwise beers, cheap wines and 4-8 mixed drinks per person per day works great for us