Alaska cruisetour

Third time to Alaska and first time on cruisetour post cruise 4 nights, 2 in Denali Village Park and 2 in Pikes Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks. 

Can anyone who has done this tell me how RCI handles this at the end of the cruise? Where in Anchorage do we get dropped off and how long before we have to board bus to Denali in afternoon? 

Any other tips?

11 minutes ago, englander said:

Third time to Alaska and first time on cruisetour post cruise 4 nights, 2 in Denali Village Park and 2 in Pikes Waterfront Lodge in Fairbanks. 

Can anyone who has done this tell me how RCI handles this at the end of the cruise? Where in Anchorage do we get dropped off and how long before we have to board bus to Denali in afternoon? 

Any other tips?

I can't help you with the RC details but we did 10-days on land (DIY with an outside company, not RC) before cruising southbound in 2018. We flew into Fairbanks and stayed at Pike's and also spent several days in Denali (two nights in the back of the park, one in the front). Long trip review in my signature if you're interested.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, englander said:

Any other tips?

Sounds like you are doing 4A?  We did 4B, so the reverse of what you are doing.  Our cruise tour picked us up at the airport and took us to Pikes Waterfront Lodge.  I would expect yours to pick you up in Seward at the ship.  Not sure if you have seen this link but it has some times in it for the first day and also lists all the additional excursions you can buy once you meet your cruise tour guide.

https://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/

https://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/content/uploads/2022/10/4A.pdf

edit to add:  the excursions that you can buy are under the resources tab.

Edited by reallyitsmema

On 4/10/2023 at 9:25 AM, reallyitsmema said:

Sounds like you are doing 4A?  We did 4B, so the reverse of what you are doing.  Our cruise tour picked us up at the airport and took us to Pikes Waterfront Lodge.  I would expect yours to pick you up in Seward at the ship.  Not sure if you have seen this link but it has some times in it for the first day and also lists all the additional excursions you can buy once you meet your cruise tour guide.

https://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/

https://www.royalcaribbeancruisetours.com/content/uploads/2022/10/4A.pdf

edit to add:  the excursions that you can buy are under the resources tab.

Yes we are doing 4A. Thanks for the links.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moposh said:

Are you doing the land tour after your cruise?

I did land tour before the cruise.  I had to make my own way to the hotel.  We were dropped off at the ship at end of tour.

We did a cruisetour prior to our cruise and it included transfer from the airport to the hotel the cruisetour was starting from.  You just had to notify the cruise line by a certain date or else you were on your own.

7 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We did a cruisetour prior to our cruise and it included transfer from the airport to the hotel the cruisetour was starting from.  You just had to notify the cruise line by a certain date or else you were on your own.

Now, I remember.  Yes, it did include transportation from airport to hotel.

• Like 1

i did something very similar in july. (one night in denali, two in fairbanks). there are buses right at the port in seward. you get your luggage like you normally would when you disembark, and then you go right to the bus where they load you up. we had maybe 90 minutes in anchorage to find some place to eat and then get back on the bus. really not a lot of time at all. i think we were dropped off right near the cultural center. we also stopped at a grocery store on the way up to denali to get snacks and stuff. enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

i did something very similar in july. (one night in denali, two in fairbanks). there are buses right at the port in seward. you get your luggage like you normally would when you disembark, and then you go right to the bus where they load you up. we had maybe 90 minutes in anchorage to find some place to eat and then get back on the bus. really not a lot of time at all. i think we were dropped off right near the cultural center. we also stopped at a grocery store on the way up to denali to get snacks and stuff. enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the great information!!