Live (ish) Bliss Apr 9-14 Coastal

ceilidh1

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Went back to the room at 1:30 and no service as of yet. Beds are not made, towels not replenished, no sign of steward in hallways. Definitely not worth the additional increase in service charges!

In March on Joy, we were lucky to have our room serviced before 3 or 4 PM. Absolutely not ideal! 

I do hope you're enjoying yourselves though - the scavenger hunt sounds like it was a good time and glad you enjoyed the bar crawl. Tramp stamps and public makeout sessions. You're getting it all! Just need a few upside down pineapples. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

This bar crawl sounds epic!

It was so epic that I managed to mess up the order of events in my posts. Obviously the bar crawl happened before dinner. Ha ha. The one rule was that you had to try a different drink at each bar. I had some interesting concoctions that i would never have ordered. Kahlua and orange juice. Who knew that combo would be so good!

• Like 3

Day 4 - Victoria 

At 10:30 last night, I got a call from guest services asking where our Canadian declaration card was. I explained that I followed instructions and left the completed card on my bed for the steward to take. She asked what time he took it. Uhmm, I don’t know. Whatever time he finally serviced the room. Definitely after 1:30pm. She said she would follow up. Didn’t hear back so assume it was located.

We aren’t planning on getting off in Victoria but hope everyone else will so we can hit the hot tubs and slides. As always in Canada, only one bar per deck is allowed to be open in port so that will be horrendous if the ship is packed. We shall see. 

I appear to have cell service so will try to get pics uploaded. The 74 minutes free wifi is all used up - internet was slow and it all hit taken by this review. So much for checking in with work. Ha ha.

• Like 5

Someone was asking about entertainment in The District. Last night it was a piano player named Steven. He was excellent! Place was packed. Tonight it’s Heartbreaker Duo who I’ve enjoyed listening to in the atrium. I also watched Siglo last night in the Cavern. Did I mention they are my fave cruise band?

• Like 4

On the way down, we passed by the line to get off the ship. It stretched all the way from the gangway on deck 4, up the stairs to deck 6, through the elevator lobby, and out into the atrium. They are calling lots of names so I assume they are still trying to clear Canadian customs.

No line this morning at savour so we walked right in. Sadly, the hostess couldn’t find the table we were meant to be at so we wandered the restaurant for a while. Finally got seated and coffee was poured. But no cream. I’ve been sat here for 10 minutes and still no cream - just requested again and the guy snapped “it’s coming.” Ok then. It’s odd, we experienced some of this on the bar crawl yesterday too - one bartender snapped at us as they had just finished a tasting and needed to reset the bar. Okayyyy. It’s obvious they are overwhelmed, overworked, and tired but in this industry you can’t take that out on your customers.

We also found a duck in the way down

77505E38-36FE-48A6-BE79-E75FF222AF66.jpeg

4EA0A829-0F0F-4130-9B80-6AD945ED9BA6.jpeg

2E2DCF75-DC14-4B04-A9BA-993FCE496F39.jpeg

• Like 6

Not off to a good start. The cream for the coffee came with the salmon bagels that two of us ordered. By this time, the coffee was cold. The salmon bagels were eaten and the other two of us still had no food. I asked for pastries- I guess they no longer bring them around. We got a basket of assorted pastries but no plates. I then got a refill of the coffee - it was hot but had both weird taste and smell ( like fish?) nope. 

The food finally came after 40 minutes- two Belgian waffles with caramel sauce and whipped cream and the loaded hash browns. The hash browns and one waffle were good. We ran into problems with the second waffle. I spread the cream over and  thought it was kind of thick, but with everything else that had gone on I didn’t pay too much attention. One bite and I realized they had given me cream cheese rather than whipped cream, and now it was all over my food. After an hour of waiting this was the final straw. I called the waiter over and pointed out the error…and he laughed. Yeah. Not impressed. I just got up and walked out. 

C020B44F-3EF8-417E-B871-C47A8197255D.jpeg

B00FA313-59A7-42BF-81FF-61B1565E0486.jpeg

72DD8AF7-A5DD-4052-98A8-ED21BE4C9960.jpeg

• Like 7

Just wanted to say that we are still having a great time despite the lines, crowds, slow service, etc. i would rather be here than at work and I’m always grateful to be able to do these trips. However, this is definitely a different experience than I’m used to with this ship. Had this been my first cruise or first with NCL I doubt I would return.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

In Victoria? We aren’t getting off. Hoping to hit the pools and slides while it’s quiet 

Yes, we hit the nearly empty thermal spa this morning and then headed out. It is really good Dim Sum and we are going back to no carbs after the cruise so we need our fix 😀.

• Like 1

Thank you for your excellent live and all of the great photos! We've really enjoyed the Bliss in the past, so I'm sad to hear about all of the challenges and the poor service that you're experiencing. I hope that things improve for you!  We'll be onboard again in a few weeks and I tried to book between spring break(s) and summer vacation, so I hope we have fewer passengers and, hopefully, shorter lines. I feel bad for the staff but am upset with NCL that they're letting passenger service suffer. We'll be platinum after this next cruise but we just booked our first cruise on Princess for later this year and I'm anxious to see what their service and amenities are like.

16 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

Thank you for your excellent live and all of the great photos! We've really enjoyed the Bliss in the past, so I'm sad to hear about all of the challenges and the poor service that you're experiencing. I hope that things improve for you!  We'll be onboard again in a few weeks and I tried to book between spring break(s) and summer vacation, so I hope we have fewer passengers and, hopefully, shorter lines. I feel bad for the staff but am upset with NCL that they're letting passenger service suffer. We'll be platinum after this next cruise but we just booked our first cruise on Princess for later this year and I'm anxious to see what their service and amenities are like.

I honestly didn’t even realize it was spring break as, here in Canada, our break was in March. I guess spring break plus Easter long weekend was the perfect storm! Lol. 

• Like 2

What is your 11 year old doing for fun since Splash Academy has been full? We'll be on the Bliss next week with our 8 year old and I'd love to have some ideas to keep her occupied if it's the same sort of situation.

9 minutes ago, Apsalar said:

What is your 11 year old doing for fun since Splash Academy has been full? We'll be on the Bliss next week with our 8 year old and I'd love to have some ideas to keep her occupied if it's the same sort of situation.

Mostly hanging with me , playing card games together, the arcade (the unlimited arcade pass has been worth every cent). We did the waterslides but pool was closed yesterday and today (only one pool allows kids)

BEC9D941-747F-45B3-B15A-C0EDA86D036D.jpeg

• Like 1