Live (ish) Bliss Apr 9-14 Coastal

ceilidh1

I admit to being maybe a little drunk right now. Maybe. A little. We went to the atrium for family music mania but, apparently, it was balloon twisting? What? I swear I’m in the right place at the right time. Meanwhile, my teens are texting that the room cards no longer work to get them in the room. I’m like uhhh, busy right now. Making balloon swords!

Disaster! Atrium bar is out of Blue Moon. Offered Bud Light as a substitute. Heck no! Maybe the Americans among us would go with that but I’m a Brit living in Canada and no version of Bud would ever be acceptable! (For beer)

3DCF040B-BCF0-4B59-B1F9-BAFCBE98FA28.jpeg

• Like 4

Approaching Lions Gate Bridge - this is the one that ships of this size can only clear once in every 24 hours. This is why it’s taken us an entire day to get from Victoria to Vancouver, which is like 3 hours away! As a Vancouverite and someone who has done this cruise a bunch of times, I couldn’t care less about being on deck to pass under the bridge. Hopefully everyone else wants to so we can eat dinner without a wait!

7827B914-4E68-4B8C-8886-8475B4B301F7.jpeg

4CCB400C-6996-443D-837E-BFC703A65025.jpeg

95E114DC-9DB9-4D85-A892-39FB9C5042BD.jpeg

A09195D3-6DDA-4006-972B-5551514EFBB8.jpeg

• Like 2

@ceilidh1We were just on board last week and while we had some delays (main dining room dinner was 2 hours both times and the waiters in there did seem new/confused) we didn't have many of the other issues you've encountered. The last night we arrived for dinner at Taste at 5:45 and just walked in -no line. We were also a jam-packed full cruise. I wonder why such a difference between weeks? I'm glad you're still enjoying your time on board - we enjoyed Steven also and went the The District each night to watch him.

BTW, we all got the mysterious on-board credit also and everyone I talked to received $29.37 each.  We not only had the voicemail message about it but also the last day all morning they were making announcements for certain people to come pick up their money.  I'm assuming it was returned port fees - whatever it was, I'll take it!!

Edited by ljrfrm
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I admit to being maybe a little drunk right now.

24 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

These upside down pics are driving me crazy 

Perhaps the answer is right in front 🤣of us.

29 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

We went to the atrium for family music mania but, apparently, it was balloon twisting?

Don't knock that balloon twisting until you've tried it.  It's actually a fun way to spend 20 minutes while you're waiting for some other fun thing.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Perhaps the answer is right in front 🤣of us.

Don't knock that balloon twisting until you've tried it.  It's actually a fun way to spend 20 minutes while you're waiting for some other fun thing.

Honestly, there were tears of laughter! Best activity ever…

93438B3E-C735-4014-A535-087D249B173A.jpeg

F4AA50D1-4802-4D74-83E5-7F7F9AB5EED3.jpeg

6C4D0A0E-6FBE-4E1C-BE42-BAA605562505.jpeg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ljrfrm said:

@ceilidh1We were just on board last week and while we had some delays (main dining room dinner was 2 hours both times and the waiters in there did seem new/confused) we didn't have many of the other issues you've encountered. The last night we arrived for dinner at Taste at 5:45 and just walked in -no line. We were also a jam-packed full cruise. I wonder why such a difference between weeks? I'm glad you're still enjoying your time on board - we enjoyed Steven also and went the The District each night to watch him.

Stephen is great! All the entertainment has knocked it out of the park. This is my issue with reporting on all the crappy aspects- they overshadow the amazing bits. Seriously, food and entertainment has been wow factor! @ChiefMateJRK you will not be disappointed at District

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Stephen is great! All the entertainment has knocked it out of the park. This is my issue with reporting on all the crappy aspects- they overshadow the amazing bits. Seriously, food and entertainment has been wow factor! @ChiefMateJRK you will not be disappointed at District

Great to hear!  I'll be there VERY soon. 😎

Good music and song and bottomless Guinness!  Life is GOOD.

• Like 1

We took our buzzer and hung out at the atrium listening to Badaoke. Basically, karaoke but with Siglo as your band. Let’s just say, it wasn’t wonderful! The teens texted that they still couldn’t get in the room so DS ran up to let them in and brought their cards down. At guest services there were two others behind me with the same issue. Once I got the new cards and sent DS up with them, we started buzzing..,not 45 minutes. More like 30 but at a table for 4…even though we requested 2

• Like 2