When Cruising Within Australia Is Onboard Spending In USD Or AUD?

Astro Flyer

38 minutes ago, davencl said:

USD

Thanks & did notice the O Life OBC shows in USD but wanted to confirm onboard currency.

We’re also considering Princess who states they’re required to use AUD when sailing within Australia (around Oz cruise). They state that is why OBC is in AUD which I am skeptical about them being truthful & I suspect it’s due to the poor AUD exchange rate. We are entitled to receive a $750 OBC which by making it A$750 reduces our OBC by a third due to the exchange rate to only $500.

Appreciate your input as we research O & PCL for our final bucket list cruise around Australia.

I believe that most cruise lines that market primary to North Americans use USD as their on board currency, regardless of where the cruise operates, and those that market primarily to other places, use that currency. There are some ships that might offer a choice…IIRC, Cunard offers both US or UK currency.  Lines such as P&O Australia most likely uses AUS currency…