MIAMI - Coral Gables (Hyatt?) Post-Cruise

BrotherCraig

Hi, everyone.  I have looked at the boards and researched hotels to stay at but didn't come across any information about Coral Gables area.  We were looking at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables.  Anyone ever stay there?  How is the Coral Gables area?  We will have 6 of us - three kids ages 2-11.  We were looking hotels in South Beach and the price range is a little much for one night and we can get a better deal in Coral Gables on a Sunday night.  Any suggestions?

We thought this might be a good place since it's close to the airport and near Little Havana as well since we want to hit up Versailles.  Thank you in advance.

I have actually stayed there, twice, for weddings. It has been a bit, (2018) but it is a nice hotel. The location could not be better for Coral Gables. It is in a nice walkable area with lots of restaurants and shops. A few of my favorite places to eat in Miami are there. 

Though for a good Miami experience Versailles is a good call. 

I grew up in Coral Gables.  It is an upscale area. Mainly residential with some business and shopping areas along with nice restaurants.  It is not touristy with beaches and such.  There are very interesting sights, too....The Biltmore Hotel, Venetian Pool, and the Miracle Mile.  I gather you will only be staying one night, though.  Access to the airport will be easier than South Beach.   

• Like 1