Where's your next cruise?

jules815

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

Our next cruise is this summer on the NCL Prima starting in London (Southampton) and ending in Reykjavik, with an overnight there before disembarkation. Other ports are Amsterdam, Bruges, 3 ports in Norway, and 2 more in Iceland before Reykjavik. The second sea day is between Norway and Iceland and will be on our wedding anniversary.

I should add that we missed out on a Princess Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2020, and will be getting to some of those missed ports this time.

Sounds nice. Fjords is definitely high on our list. 

We love music charters so for us it’s mostly about entertainment also love to be spoiled in suites, our favorite are celebrity suites , MSc yacht club and rccl.
Have cruised about 75 times, really looking forward to next year’s 70’s music cruise in a celebrity suite this will be our 6th rock and romance cruise , lineup is

Don McLean

Dave Mason

Mellisa Manchester 

Randy Bachman 

Foreigner and many others , they also have great interviews and will sign albums etc, on past cruises we have seen America, Michael McDonald, Rita Coolidge, B J Thomas , Air Supply , Boz Scaggs and many others have had some nice conversations with some. 

• Like 1

I currently have about 5 more days on a 28-day cruise circumnavigating the major Japanese islands with a bit of Taiwan and South Korea tossed in. Chose it for the opportunity to visit lesser known locations after two land trips - and for the cherry blossom season.

After many years of cruising and other travel I mainly look for interesting itineraries/experiences. I have to fly anytime I want to cruise, so no Caribbean or Mexican cheap cruises for me.

Next up will be a 17-day itinerary on Oceania visiting mainly Iceland and Greenland in August, followed by a BTB Med cruise on Azamara in October with some unusual small ports I’ve not yet visited plus a chance to revisit Istanbul.

In April 2024 I have a river cruise in the Bordeaux region booked; I will also spend additional time touring the surrounding area. Also a Norwegian BTB in the summer of 2024, and then six weeks in Florence in the fall.

• Like 1

Our next cruise(s) are Canada, Iceland and Greenland B2B the month of August then in October the Fall colors in the North East and Canada B2B. 

In 2024 TA from Galveston to Barcelona, we'll have some time for rail travel in Europe and will take Queen Mary 2 out of Southampton to NYC.

Cunard has loosened up some and relaxed a bit on the dress. We have taken Queen Mary either out of NYC to Southampton, or Southampton to NYC to avoid the flights when doing TAs to Europe or back from Europe. We much prefer rail travel in Europe and the UK to flights, and also avoid flying in and out of the US to Europe or the UK by traveling on Queen Mary 2. The Queen does TAs many times over the year both Eastbound and Westbound.  

We choose Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Cunard, I book us for itineraries and have always been able to find something we enjoy.

Some cruises I recommend would be South America, we did a B2B2B and visited some very interesting places, went down the East Coast around the horn and up the West Coast.

There are so many wonderful UK and European cruises, Mediterranean, Baltic, go to Greece and Turkey, it's a great way to find places you want to go back to for a better look. After going to Turkey twice on a ship, in 2017 we spent a week in Istanbul because we wanted to see more. From cruises that included Spain we have stayed on land in Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands to see more than the we saw on the cruise stops.

Most certainly recommend Hawaii, New Zealand, and Australia. We flew to Auckland and spent two weeks in New Zealand, then eight weeks in Australia, and cruised out of Sydney to Hawaii.

Alaska was a good cruise, then we spent a couple weeks on Alaska rail staying in several places along the way.

The Panama Canal from Florida to California gives you some interesting ports also.

It's like the saying "the world is you oyster" crack it open and see what you find.

Take a look at Cunard on CC and read some topics to get a feel for the Queen. It's a great way to cross the ocean.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2023 at 8:57 AM, jules815 said:

My husband and I are recently retired and finally have the time to do some longer itineraries. We were just discussing our next cruise, a B2B on an MSC ship in their Yacht Club, eastern/western Caribbean (yawn). This cruise is more about us getting away after caring for my 97 year old father in-law for the past couple of years and we know 2 weeks in the YC will still be a nice getaway. My husband's referring to this trip as our "Caribbean Swan Song." (Although we haven't done the ABC's yet. 🤔)

We also have a Transatlantic booked on ASCENT for next year. Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona. (We did our first TA in 2016 and loved it.) Still haven't been to England, so thinking our next TA would be something starting or ending in Southampton so we could add some days there. We've sailed the most with RC, Celebrity, and a few times with Carnival and MSC. Have no problem with trying a different line. Don't really have any interest in an Alaska cruise.

So where's your next cruise, and if you could do or recommend something other than an eastern/western Caribbean itinerary, what would it be?

Next Cruise in Jan, 2024 is full transit of Panama Canal ( Miami-Los Angeles).  If I could any cruise, it would be a World Cruise ov over 90 days.