Favorite things on VV

curlstravel

The hammock.   Before I went on my first VV cruise, I admit that I would roll my eyes so hard whenever I saw someone here or on other social media gushing about the hammock.  My thought was, big deal, have these people never been in a hammock before?!  Then after laying in that hammock for the first time...I got it.  😆

As soon as I got home, I bought one online and now enjoy it regularly in my back yard.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

The hammock.   Before I went on my first VV cruise, I admit that I would roll my eyes so hard whenever I saw someone here or on other social media gushing about the hammock.  My thought was, big deal, have these people never been in a hammock before?!  Then after laying in that hammock for the first time...I got it.  😆

As soon as I got home, I bought one online and now enjoy it regularly in my back yard.

Love it! My DH bought me one for Christmas 🙂 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Ditto, supposedly they sell them on the ship, but they were out of stock on our cruise; they gave us a card with the ordering info.  We ordered one as soon as we got home.  FYI, they come in may colors and at least 2 sizes (one and two person)

• Like 1

There are many things, but one small thing that makes me so happy is the water carafes in the room! I don't have to think about or plan to keep my water bottle filled just for room use because there's always plenty of water and I can even put it in the fridge if I want it chilled. I know it's a small thing but it makes a big difference to me!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1. No upsells / extra charges.   No tips, no extra cost restaurants, no photographers - no one is trying to sell anything. It's SUCH a great change compared to other lines.  And while the Bar Tab isn't always going to be included, I like how the Bar Tab is good for anything you want. 

2. High-Quality Entertainment. I've certainly enjoyed shows on other cruise ships but it always felt like cruise ship / theme park entertainment.  On Virgin the entertainment is insane. Duel Reality is a show that I would totally pay to see if it comes to my town.  Some of the guest musicians I've seen are also incredible (Morf and Oscar Ornelus band). 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Ditto, supposedly they sell them on the ship, but they were out of stock on our cruise; they gave us a card with the ordering info.  We ordered one as soon as we got home.  FYI, they come in may colors and at least 2 sizes (one and two person)

They do sell them on the ship, I was on the sailing right before yours and there were still some in the shop.  But I suspected I could find the same exact thing online at a fraction of the cost, so I took a pic of the tag/company info and voila, I did find it for less than half of VV's price.  Winning!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubagal44 said:

They do sell them on the ship, I was on the sailing right before yours and there were still some in the shop.  But I suspected I could find the same exact thing online at a fraction of the cost, so I took a pic of the tag/company info and voila, I did find it for less than half of VV's price.  Winning!

Oh yeah, we didn't buy it from VV after the fact...We found the price was the same thru the company (yellow leaf?) or thru Amazon, but Amazon had shipping included......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Oh yeah, we didn't buy it from VV after the fact...We found the price was the same thru the company (yellow leaf?) or thru Amazon, but Amazon had shipping included......

I thought it was $200 on board? It’s $200 on Amazon but I was hoping to buy on board with sailor loot

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I thought it was $200 on board? It’s $200 on Amazon but I was hoping to buy on board with sailor loot

I would rather have used loot, but they didn't have any remaining on my cruise....fortunately I had some gift card money on amazon

14 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I think it was $200 as well. We bought one of the single-person seated ones (but in a different color) for our garden. I hate it. honestly it's the worst. You climb in, sit down, and someone steals your afternoon from you without you spotting it. 😆

• Haha 2

You are right. Negative comments always carry farther. Anyway! My husband and I haven't eaten commercial pizza since Christmas and probably won't for quite a few months. However, I saw a FB post of a hallway at 2am or so an there were pizza boxes (sometimes multiple) outside at least 50% of the doors! We are def planning this as a treat!!!

My favorite thing about Virgin is having complete confidence when we board the ship that A) there will be zero small humans on board and B) knowing that we are guaranteed to have an amazing cruise with like minded people who just want to have fun and soak up everything that VV has to offer. 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2023 at 1:49 PM, curlstravel said:

A lot of times we talk about the things we didn’t like on a cruise so I thought it would be nice to talk about the things we liked best!  I liked the Pizza🤗

Tapas at The Dock

Pizza Place

The hammock

Old Fashioned at On The Rocks

Music Trios at On The Rocks

Butter Chicken at Razzle Dazzle

Greatly improved service at The Galley (like amazing turnaround from our first cruise)

No Photographers

Grab And Go Boxes especially the charcuterie box

Lick Me Till Ice Scream

French Toast Breakfast Burger

The Sailors, I feel like I have more and longer conversations with sailors onboard VV than most other cruise lines. 

• Like 5

The place where we noticed the adults only aspect the most was at the Bimini Beach Club - it was very nice to have only adults in the pools and beach. 

The pizza was very good. Grab & Go boxes - awesome. No announcements nor photographers - another subtle difference. A new spin on entertainment - a drag show at sea - seriously fun!

• Like 5

No hassling about towels at the pool.  No regimented disembarkation, and immediate access to cabin upon boarding.   The water carafe and fridge. The bracelet instead of card.  The incredible array of stylish, different furniture everywhere.  The ice cream.  The good service in the Galley with the flag system.  Very happy passengers. The responsiveness of the Sailor Services chat feature.  Cleanliness of ship. The elevators - beautiful designs inside and gangway info on walls at ports.

• Like 3