Turning Diamond - benefits?

nlktx49

My husband and I will be turning Diamond on our cruise next week. I see the list of perks, but can someone give me details? 

To get the speciality dinner, do you just call to make a reservation or do you have to go through guest services? 

On the upgrade, how far in advance of your cruise do you have to request it?

Anything else I should know about?

1 hour ago, nlktx49 said:

My husband and I will be turning Diamond on our cruise next week. I see the list of perks, but can someone give me details? 

To get the speciality dinner, do you just call to make a reservation or do you have to go through guest services? 

On the upgrade, how far in advance of your cruise do you have to request it?

Anything else I should know about?

You will get a letter about the specialty dinner,  You will need to wait until you are onboard to make the reservation and you will need to bring the letter

• Like 1

For the specialty dinner you need to book in person, so go asap when you board.  If you book ahead of time, you’d have to prepay and mess with getting a refund.  Ugh. If you cruise Mardi Gras or Celebration, you can use it at Rudi’s or the steakhouse.

The upgrade doesn’t seem to expire.  I kind of forgot about it, then a few years later I had booked the 30 day Luminosa in a balcony, so called the Diamond desk and they adjusted the fare to an ocean view, but I kept my balcony.  And I pay double as a solo so score lol. 

And unlimited laundry is always greatly appreciated.

Edited by cruisin*tigger
  • Like 2

It has been a while so I don't remember the details. I just remember that Carnival didn't give us any of the "turning Diamond" things until I went to guest services and inquired.

On the cruise we turned Diamond they didn't say or do anything. Then on our next cruise after a couple of days I went down to guest services and asked. They said we were supposed to get the specialty dining letters and leather luggage tags and passport holders on the previous cruise but they would take care of it. The next day we got the letter and leather goods. Then a couple of days later we got another set of letters and leather goods (an obvious error so I took the second set back).

So my advice is to visit guest services one day when it is not busy and ask how it is supposed to work as far as when. At least when we turned Diamond they were not really on top of things. I do recall we had to call the steak house and make the reservations ourselves while letting them know we had the letters. All is good, just a bit disorganized (at least in our case).

• Like 1