How slight of an obstruction is the beam on Caribbean Princess D734?

fluffybunny22

I found a pretty nice Midnight Sun cruise on the Caribbean Princess for next June. I'm presenting my findings to my husband tonight for him to decide if he likes it. My only hesitation is the cabin that would suit us is D734 and it says there's an obstruction. I googled deck plans and the one I found has a notation that the obstruction is only slight and shouldn't be an issue. It's a deep aft balcony so that should appeal to my husband. Can anyone give me guidance on how bad the obstruction actually is or point me in the direction to find pictures?

26 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Neither of these look bad. Thank you for the quick response. I said slight obstruction and I got push back so that's why I was looking for confirmation.

It's not a problem at all, unless you're a klutz like me and walk into it.

3 hours ago, MJC said:

We've been in those Vista suites several times and really like them.

Balcony2sm.JPG.2b2220096154eba2b91ab3fa296015d7.JPG

smIMG_0604.JPG.130abc09983739c81e63094c00ea5129.JPG

TeaSpreadsm.JPG.2e843157c6225e105810d8658ee9b9a2.JPG

The last photo is the tea you can order in a suite. Pretty amazing.

@fluffybunny22 D734 is a Premium Balcony and not a Vista Suite. The Dolphin Vista Suites are D736 and D737

Aft of ship | Western caribbean, Princess cruise, Western caribbean cruiseThe Dolphin deck is the second from the bottom with the blue plexiglass panels. D734 would be the balcony second from the left. I think you might enlarge this or find it online under "Images".

You can see the beam.

Youtube may also have some videos for you. Here is a link which is the same cabin on the Ruby. At about 17 seconds, they will walk you out to the balcony.

9 minutes ago, fluffybunny22 said:

This is perfect. Thank you. I do not see this as a big deal. If need be I can sit where the view is obstructed and he can sit where it isn't.

There is plenty of room for both to enjoy the view. This was embarkation day and just as Emerald was going back into service in 2021. The table ( which is bigger than it appears in the pic) and chairs were pushed off to the left. I moved them to be more centered