Schiphol Airport Amsterdam Tram/Bus Ticket Kiosk

There are two types of multi-day ticket sold by GVB: the ‘Amsterdam Day Ticket’ which doesn’t include the train from Schiphol, and the ‘Amsterdam Travel Ticket’ which does. Both include unlimited travel on GVB tram, metro and bus services within Amsterdam.

The latter comes in 1, 2 and 3 day versions and can be bought at the airport at the Service & Ticket desk in Schiphol Plaza, where the rail station is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

There are two types of multi-day ticket sold by GVB: the ‘Amsterdam Day Ticket’ which doesn’t include the train from Schiphol, and the ‘Amsterdam Travel Ticket’ which does. Both include unlimited travel on GVB tram, metro and bus services within Amsterdam.

The latter comes in 1, 2 and 3 day versions and can be bought at the airport at the Service & Ticket desk in Schiphol Plaza, where the rail station is.

Thanks for the info. Followup, does the Amsterdam Travel Ticket work for getting from Rotterdam to Schiphol on the train? My cruise embarks in Amsterdam but disembarks in Rotterdam.

1 hour ago, haynesra said:

Thanks for the info. Followup, does the Amsterdam Travel Ticket work for getting from Rotterdam to Schiphol on the train? My cruise embarks in Amsterdam but disembarks in Rotterdam.

No. You will need to pay separately for that. 

If you have Apple/Google Pay on your phone, or a credit or debit card that allows contactless payment, you no longer need to buy a physical  ticket on Dutch trains - you just touch in and touch out at the automatic barriers at the start and end of your journey. Otherwise you can buy a ticket from the machines at the station.

• Thanks 1

I’m going to be going to my hotel from the Schiphol airport by tram (I’m presuming).  How do I know what stop to disembark?  I will know the address of my hotel.  Is there something like a tram map with street names and tram station names to help me figure out my stop?  I tried looking at 9292, but every request I asked, it said no information. Perhaps I’m not asking properly.  Do trams stop at every stop or just upon request?  Thanks!  😊

Just now, ladysail2 said:

I’m going to be going to my hotel from the Schiphol airport by tram (I’m presuming).  How do I know what stop to disembark?  I will know the address of my hotel.  Is there something like a tram map with street names and tram station names to help me figure out my stop?  I tried looking at 9292, but every request I asked, it said no information. Perhaps I’m not asking properly.  Do trams stop at every stop or just upon request?  Thanks!  😊

From the airport you generally take a train to Amsterdam Centraal, the main railway station, and from there a tram if you need one. But there is another railway station between them that may be closer, so we need to know your hotel name or address to help you better. 

9 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

From the airport you generally take a train to Amsterdam Centraal, the main railway station, and from there a tram if you need one. But there is another railway station between them that may be closer, so we need to know your hotel name or address to help you better. 

Sure, my hotel is on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, 119-121. It looks to be close to the corner of Gravenstraat.  

8 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Sure, my hotel is on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, 119-121. It looks to be close to the corner of Gravenstraat.  

Ok, so you need to take the train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal, then from the front of the station take tram #13 or 17 two stops to Dam. Or just walk from the station, it’s less than half a mile, 10 minutes max.

3 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Ok, so you need to take the train from Schiphol to Amsterdam Centraal, then from the front of the station take tram #13 or 17 two stops to Dam. Or just walk from the station, it’s less than half a mile, 10 minutes max.

Thank you Gumshoe958. It sounds like I only need a train ticket. I can walk from the station, hopefully the sidewalks are fairly smooth. I’ll just have the one suitcase.  I’m only in Amsterdam the one night,  leaving for Utrecht the next day. Everything I want to see is within walking distance of my hotel.